? for anyone who has purchased CityPass from Costco and received their park-hoppers

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
DH just decided to attend a conference in Anaheim in December, so I thought DS and I would tag along (to keep him company of course ;) ) and spend 2 or 3 days at the parks. We just received our SoCal CityPasses from Costco and I am wondering how much it would cost to upgrade our hoppers while we are there in August to AP's. I know that they charge you the difference between the AP rate and the amount you paid for the park-hopper, which can vary and is supposedly printed on the back of the hopper pass. I am wondering if anyone can tell me the value of these so that I can determine the additional amount I would have to pay.

This is a real interesting question and I wonder what the answer is. My best guess is that they'll credit you the regular disney advance purchase price for a 3-day park hopper bonus, which currently is $139.

I think if it were me, what I would do is convert my so cal pass for a 3 day hopper, then use the hopper to enter the park. I would then do the upgrade transaction at the end of the day or in the middle of the day. It probably won't make much of a difference, but I think there's a slightly higher chance they'll tell you no or something if you try to exchange your so call pass for a park hopper and the hopper for an AP all in one transaction than if you just go to upgrade with your park hopper in hand. Probably doesn't matter, but that's just the way I'd try it. Who knows, maybe you'll get the full $159 gate price for value -- wouldn't that be a neat trick? You'd essentially have gotten all the other tickets in the city pass for a couple of bucks.

Bumping again for those who recently used these :flower:

I have just emailed DL guest services this question as we bought the citypasses from costco and just want to upgrade to a 4 or 5 day hopper. i'll let you all know when they reply.

until then, has anyone else tried this yet?

I actually called Guest Services on this a couple of days ago because I wanted to make sure I could get my park-hopper and upgrade to AP before we check into our hotel (with AP rates) on a Sunday night. She said it would be no problem, and that she understood that the CityPass value is the regular price of $159, which will make it only $50 to upgrade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter