• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?? for anyone who remembers FW trailer homes in late 80's

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
The last time I stayed in FW was in the late 80's when they had the trailer homes, not cabins. DS was always anxious for "this park stuff" to end so that he could "go back to our village and watch TV". Well, fast forward to 2003-college graduation-and for old times sake I thought we'd spend a couple nights at FW. But surprise, they're no longer mobile homes, they're cabins! Anyone who stayed there in the late 80's, what's the difference between the trailer homes and the cabins. The room layout looks pretty much the same. But do you have a big porch now? Is the bathroom a little bigger (I hope)?

The cabins are pretty much the same size. The big difference to me is that in the old homes, there was a small wall and countertop table with 4 chairs that separated the kitchen from the LR. The bathroom and the bedroom is pretty much the same.
In the new cabins, the kitchen and LR is one big room. Now, when you enter the front door, there is an oval shaped table with 4 chairs and a bench on your immediate right. The stove, microwave in front of you and the sink and refrigerator angle around to the left of the stove. The couch is to the right of the table, murphy bed in wall at the end and the tv is across from the couch.
The deck on the cabins are great. There is also a door leading out to the deck from the BR. There is a picnic table on the deck and it is wonderful to sit out there each morning with the paper and a cup of coffee to listen to all the noises of FW awakening.
That is my favorite time of the day.
I really think you will enjoy the cabins. Our family stays in one on every trip now that we have discovered them.
Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip!:p

I forget what the bath was like in the Wilderness Homes but in the cabins the bath is good size. Also the cabins have a TV in the bedroom with another TV & video player in the living room area. They are a little bigger in sq ft but not alot. The kitchen area is laid out so it has much more room. We like the cabins very much & they add to the outdoor feel.

I just read on another link that the TVs in the bedroom are no longer there:(. The kids used to connect their Nintendo to it. Guess I will take a spare 13" from home.

a few things i noticed

1 - not as much closet space now

2 - no sink in the back bedroom

3 - not as many chairs to sit on. only the couch and kitchen chairs, there used to be 2 chairs to sit on in the living room

The only thing I could add is that the ceiling in the cabins are vaulted natural wood, as opposed to the cheap looking white fiberboard that the homes had. Also the decor material used in the drapes and lamp shades is a little nicer. Personally I think the layout of the kitchen and living area is more efficient, and the outside deck adds to the overall utility of the cabins by adding more overall space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter