For AP holders, seems like the right strategy is to request a refund no?

I wonder if they will have the nerve to increase AP prices next year.... Due to guest demand, of course.

If they reopen, and the parks don't draw in large crowds due to travel bans, fear of the virus, lack of available funds due to job losses, etc, then they won't be able to justify raising APs, and they will have to start offering better incentives and discounts to draw people in. The ball is swinging back into the consumer's court.

I called to ask and was told that how much if any I would get back would be dependent on how many times I had already used the AP Regardless, and my best bet would be to just extend. It will not be a prorated amount for days closed, but Dependent on the number of days I used it. There is a threshold that they would not communicate for what might Be deemed as getting most of the value out of it already - I am guessing Over 10 days?

I'm taking the refund. I won't be going to any theme park until there's an effective vaccine so the extension won't help me since my pass expires in June.

I plan to take the extension because
1. I bought my passes from Sam’s Club at the old price.
2. I assume Disney knows this
3. and would give me less back?
1. You mean at the price before the latest increase.
2. Yes.
3. Not because it was bought at Sam's Club.
You'd get the value related to an AP as if you had bought it from Disney.

I called to ask and was told that how much if any I would get back would be dependent on how many times I had already used the AP Regardless, and my best bet would be to just extend. It will not be a prorated amount for days closed, but Dependent on the number of days I used it. There is a threshold that they would not communicate for what might Be deemed as getting most of the value out of it already - I am guessing Over 10 days?
Did you call the PH line? The website says AP holders will be refunded for the closure period. I think your CM was misinformed.

With us being able to visit daily as a local, we chose for the partial refund. I feel a watered-down experience is not what we paid for.

Whether or not to request a refund depends on each person/group's situation. We have a trip planned for June and now we are going in September also, because of the extension. So for us the answer is to take the extension. Others will think otherwise.

I talked to a PH CM a couple of weeks ago and this is not what I was told. It has everything to do with how much time is left on your AP and how long they are closed, not how many times you've used it. Mine expires on May 12 and I have already renewed for FP reasons for my next trip (if I wait I have to call in to make 8 days of FP, and that's a huge "no thank you" for me) so the CM said I might even get money back from my renewed AP since it's closed over the beginning of that (not much obviously if they open in June, that would be less than a month I can't use it), but on my current AP I'll get close to two months of money back considering I could only use it for 10 months. It doesn't matter if I went 2 times or 10, it's based on time not amount.

I'm STILL waiting for the monthly payment plan refund. (been 2 months)

I'm STILL waiting for the monthly payment plan refund. (been 2 months)
You won’t get anything until they know when they’re opening again. I called to put in my request several weeks ago for a refund and the CM said “of course how much and when you get the refund completely depends on when they open, and you should see a refund when they finally reopen”.

This is the refund I'm waiting to see: View attachment 492419
I am a paid in full AP, platinum pass, so I don't want to give out wrong info for monthly payers. So, I texted a friend who lives in Tampa because I know she is waiting for her refund (and won't be renewing this next year due to finances after all of this). She said she got frustrated and called on April 16 and was told the same thing that I was told, that she wouldn't get any money back until the end of the closure. She said she told the CM the above mentioned that you posted, and they repeated that no refunds would go out until the end of the closure. She said she feels like they are getting the monthly pay/full paid locals and the out of town platinum pass folks info mixed up and plans to call again. They have 3 passes they want their money back on and she really needs the money, so she is frustrated too. Mine expires May 12 so I was thinking since they know they are closed through then that I could just get money back for the closure period up until that point, it's not like my pass goes through the rest of the year or anything, should be easy to calculate and refund, but they won't.

I live almost on the other side of the world from WDW. I have an AP expiring at the end of October.

International travel doesn't seem very possible at the moment for multiple reasons, including the lack of flights (severely restricted options now compared to before the pandemic), travel insurance coverage, work issues, amongst other things. I highly doubt I'll be able to travel to WDW at all this year.

So I'll almost definitely be taking the refund option... better than writing off the AP altogether. Even if I went for an extension it doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to make it to WDW before the extended expiry, unless things improve significantly by the end of this year...

This is the refund I'm waiting to see: View attachment 492419

Right. When the park reopens should have no bearing as to the refunds between March 14 - April 4. My payments come out the 2nd of every month. April's came out and its now over a month so it should be refunded buy hasn't yet. May's payment wasn't taken out because they stopped all monthly payments for passholders on that plan. At least refund April's (which they say they will do but when??)

Last edited:
Holy cow! I just read info here that totally supports this (what CM said not what Minniedoc says as that needs no support). Someone does mention a threshold. Some were speaking of Platinum level if that makes a difference--which it shouldn't--but a cheaper pass may have fewer visits at threshold. This related to refunds, of course, not extensions.

There really isn’t a right or wrong answer, because it totally depends on your expiration date, when you plan to go back to the parks, where you live, etc. I am taking the extension, as my pass expires the last week of December, so that would get me through at least one additional trip and maybe two. I am also OK with a reduced experience when they first reopen as sometimes I just go to the parks to shop and eat, even when staying on property. But other people feel differently and that’s OK too. I wouldn’t want anyone to go back before they feel comfortable doing so.

I'm waiting & seeing. My AP expires May 10th, so for me it really depends on if the parks open back up June 1st and how much we're able to do. Will the rumors of Epcot being closed for the next year be true, or is that just exaggeration? No indoor rides, no shows? If they open & that's the case, I'll take the refund. If they open and it's back to relative normal, then I'll take the extension.

Sounds like that’s an option being offered. And while I love Disney and want to support them, it’s pretty clear that things aren’t going to be back to anywhere near “normal” for quite a while. Seems like the right move to to ask for a refund of the unused portion at this point given all the uncertainly. Am I missing something?
I bought my APs from Sam's Club for about $250 less than buying from WDW. So for me, an extension is the way to go. Will save me from buying new APs at the higher price.

my AP expires on October 29. Im taking the extension which will hopefully take me through December 31st/ Jan 1st. Which is our trip scheduled for Christmas week.

Liz:rose:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter