For AP holders, seems like the right strategy is to request a refund no?

I just called. so he said for me a refund would be the time of closure or the time left on my pass if it expires in less days from the closure time. so meaning mine expires June 16th. so I would get a refund from march till June but if they reopen later than that total days only the time left would be refunded which makes total sense.

I asked when I have up to to ask for a refund. he said no date but would not wait till they reopen cause they might end it which sounds pretty wonky. u got to give people time to decide. no way I'm scrambling to decide. I want to see how this all plays out.
But you've had all this time to decide what you want to do? It's not like they're giving you the two options the day they decide to reopen, they announced it more than a month ago so you've have enough time to consider both

Consider what? How are they determining the amount of the refund? How are they returning it? I got my discount on renewal and paid with cash. I do not want a gift card. I think these are legitimate questions

I renewed my AP on 1/11/20 and my two trips this year were planned for March and November to enjoy both F&G and F&W. Then I was going to pass on renewing and take a break for a year since I was there three times in 2019. Now my March trip is rescheduled to October (hoping fervently that F&W still goes on!!), so I’ll have two trips in six weeks!

Now that the closure has dragged out so long, it’s making me lean towards an extension instead of a refund so I can get one more early spring trip for F&G... then take my break and return in spring 2022.

Decisions, decisions... 🤔

But you've had all this time to decide what you want to do? It's not like they're giving you the two options the day they decide to reopen, they announced it more than a month ago so you've have enough time to consider both
I, too, am hoping for time to decide, which is dependent on the opening date and details regarding experience modifications. My AP expires 7/5. I’m holding a number of resort reservations. The ideal one, which is also associated with FPs, begins 6/27. Whether my daughter or I actually make a trip this summer depends on opening date and experience modifications.

I hate to even ask this, but it's an important factor in deciding - has Disney specifically confirmed that the "partial refund" will be a fully proportionate pro-rating of our purchase price? That's the assumption we're all making, but personally haven't seen anything official other than "partial refund", which is more vague than I'm totally comfortable with to finalize my decision. Or is it just safe to assume that because anything else would cause such negative reactions? If there's confirmation out there that I haven't seen, that would help let me be more confident in my choice, but right now it still feels too loosely worded for me to commit one way or the other. And that's even before finding out what restrictions will be in place as far as if there will be a reservation system, what rides / experiences will be open, etc.

I, too, am hoping for time to decide, which is dependent on the opening date and details regarding experience modifications. My AP expires 7/5. I’m holding a number of resort reservations. The ideal one, which is also associated with FPs, begins 6/27. Whether my daughter or I actually make a trip this summer depends on opening date and experience modifications.
Disney has said they will give the details on options before the parks actually open so you'll have time to decide, along with the info you already have

Not that easy for some of us. Using your 90 days, I am not entitled, in my opinion, to all of them. I have blackout days, so I do not think I am entitled to the 14 days in June. I am blacked out for those days and therefore I do not expect to get them so, using your numbers 90-14 = 76. Again, just my opinion . However, I expect my 76 days to be extended from August 7, the first day my blackout ends.

If Disney adjusts accordingly, I'm good with it, if not, I will opt for the refund.
Thank you. I am gold also, had not given consideration to the blackout days reducing the number of days we are extended. I wonder if they will do all that math, or just extend them all across the board. I hope they finally give a date soon, so we can have all the details to make our decisions.

No cause I have a reservation for June 15th still. I’m waiting it out to see. We are on the fence about going if they reopen.

Thing that I will be very curious to see is how they interpret "length of time the parks are closed", with the parks reopening at different times, possibly spread out by as much as 3-4 months. And if, as has been suggested, they actively discourage guests over a certain age from coming right away, will that impact the considerations for passholders in that age group? (Disclaimer - I've not been around much for a while, and among the thousands of postings I've not read, maybe this has already come up.)

I think so. A lot depends on your specific situation. If you explain by email or phone, it should be possible

Another option would be for the AP holder to be able to decide when to begin the reactivation of his or her pass. Within a certain limit, like, it must be reactivated by the end of 2021.
I think I like this idea the best! Even though they might reopen a certain month not everyone wants that timing.
Like for me... I wanted to visit for Flower and Garden, which I couldn't. But if they only extend my current pass for that number of months, that may only take me to January/February. Therefore I missed the reason for getting the AP.
If they did this.... I had 7 months left on my AP. I could "re-start" my AP for my Food and Wine in Oct and that gives me till April till it would expire, therefore I can take my Flower and Garden trip!!

Last edited:
Yeah as an Annual Passholder I don't see it being right to pay for a pass and not guaranteed a stay at the parks. With 50% capacity and reservation only sounds a bit much. Hopefully they give us a choice on when to activate our AP over this craziness is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter