For Fun: Plan your next trip!

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Whether you really have one booked, are just imagining, or waiting till you can book... What will your next trip be like?

We're hoping for June 2021. Hoping 7-8 nights at All Star Movies, 3 park hopping days as well as a day at Blizzard Beach and a day at Disney Springs with the NBA experience, and the hot air balloon, then 1-2 resort days for R&R.

For special meals hoping to do Raglan Road, Whispering Canyon Cafe and a character meal. Toss up between 1900 PF breakfast, Crystal Palace breakfast, or the new Topolino's Terrace.

Port Orleans Riverside September 🤞

10 days, hoping to do a little Food & Wine, first ever Ohana trip, Teppen Edo and a few other favs with my little boys, and lots of rides on the Peoplemover. Backup plan is April/May :)

Also have a trip planned for Disneyland in November 🤞

Cafe Orleans, Earl of Sandwich, Plaza Inn character breakfast, and as much time in Cars Land as we can possibly manage. And of course Mr Toad’s Wild Ride.

We are going 4/28/21-5/7/21! Staying at Gran Destino Tower and super excited!!!

Hopefully everything is in full-swing and we can enjoy Flower/Garden for the first time!

So much is going to be new for us as we won't have been there since 2017! :)

We are going 4/28/21-5/7/21! Staying at Gran Destino Tower and super excited!!!

Hopefully everything is in full-swing and we can enjoy Flower/Garden for the first time!

So much is going to be new for us as we won't have been there since 2017! :)

You will LOVE Flower and Garden. If I could make it back there for that, I would in a heartbeat (stupid husband's job that says teachers actually need to...well, teach lol). I'm not a huge Epcot fan, but I easily could have spent a couple days just there. So beautiful!

Idk when we will be going, but I hope to try BW and CR split stay, part of that CL. Never stayed at BW before but would love to do that, be near EP and HS. Also want to try the CLFP if it’s still a thing. Definitely after fireworks party at MK. I’d love to try a tour of some sort some day also. If I can stretch it 7–10 days that would be a dream!

My sister and I are sort of planning to go back next year. As much as we'd like to stay in a Moderate, I think it's going to be one of the All Stars since it's the only Value left.

Last May our flight in got delayed by thunderstorms and our 5:30 arrival turned into a 9:30 arrival! That really messed things up because we had planned to go to Disney Springs that night and celebrate our first trip EVER to WDW.

Unfortunately we didn't even get to our hotel room until almost 11 p.m. and by then the only thing we could find to eat were grab-n-go sandwiches from the Pop Century gift shop AS it was closing. So it was cold sandwiches in our room waiting for our luggage to arrive - which it did, at about 1 a.m.

So next time we're going to make sure we book an early flight so we have a better chance at actually seeing our arrival into WDW! Other than that, we're planning on doing about five days, three on and two 'off', to do all the stuff we didn't have time to do last time. We're hoping the Tron coaster is open by then because it looks very cool. :-)

My sister and I are sort of planning to go back next year. As much as we'd like to stay in a Moderate, I think it's going to be one of the All Stars since it's the only Value left.

Last May our flight in got delayed by thunderstorms and our 5:30 arrival turned into a 9:30 arrival! That really messed things up because we had planned to go to Disney Springs that night and celebrate our first trip EVER to WDW.

Unfortunately we didn't even get to our hotel room until almost 11 p.m. and by then the only thing we could find to eat were grab-n-go sandwiches from the Pop Century gift shop AS it was closing. So it was cold sandwiches in our room waiting for our luggage to arrive - which it did, at about 1 a.m.

So next time we're going to make sure we book an early flight so we have a better chance at actually seeing our arrival into WDW! Other than that, we're planning on doing about five days, three on and two 'off', to do all the stuff we didn't have time to do last time. We're hoping the Tron coaster is open by then because it looks very cool. :-)

Okay, what day in May did you fly in? Lol. We were also there last May and our flight got delayed because of thunderstorms. The worst part though was being held on the tarmac for an hour because all the gates were full because of the storm.

Okay, what day in May did you fly in? Lol. We were also there last May and our flight got delayed because of thunderstorms. The worst part though was being held on the tarmac for an hour because all the gates were full because of the storm.

Spring storms are the worst. We normally vacation end of October.

We are booking the first flight out on the way there and pretty early on the way back. Spring storms usually ramp up later in they day. :)

We flew in on Sunday, May 5. I heard about a lot of flights that were stuck that day, either they couldn't get in or they couldn't get out! I even took a screen grab of the system on my phone!

We flew in on Sunday, May 5. I heard about a lot of flights that were stuck that day, either they couldn't get in or they couldn't get out! I even took a screen grab of the system on my phone!

View attachment 487241

Ahh k. We flew in May 14th. We were supposed to land around 3:30 I believe. We were stuck in holding for a bit and it was a bit bumpy (that was fun with two kids with anxiety - DD with ASD was swearing she was NOT flying home 🤦), so not sure exactly what time we landed. I just very vividly remember everything of being stuck on the tarmac with a plane full of kids that wanted OFF! 🤣 I will definitely try for an earlier flight next time.

I am having a baby in October, and hoping to go to WDW in February or May 2021. It's a fantasy trip right now because DH isn't on board but if I get my way...
Day 1 - 4 Stay at either BLT or BCV
Arrival, mornings at MK, evenings wherever we want depending on what DD8 and DD5 are interested in. Maybe one morning at DHS to try to get on ROTR but we won't be heartbroken if we don't because we'll be back before they get rid of that ride. 😉
Day 5-7 stay at AKL savanna view
DAK one day and the other chill at the resort, Boma and watch the animals. Day 7= departure day

We were going to go to Europe in August including DLP with a layover in Miami which I was going to use as an excuse to go to Orlando. But now we probably won’t go to Europe until 2021 (COVID-19 is the main reason but there’s also a few other reasons like Avengers Campus opening next year). But I still really want to go to WDW and just to be safe I’m thinking roughly December 17-24.

College finals are December 12-17 so if I can get them done earlier in the week, I can add or replace a couple days. Right now I’m just going to assume that I’ll be done with finals the second to last day on the 16th and I’ll take a red eye that night and arrive in Orlando at about 6 AM on the 17th. I’ll take an early flight home Christmas morning.

The only way I can afford the on-site privileges is to stay at a Fort Wilderness campsite so hopefully that goes well.

I plan to get a park hopper, mainly for ROTR. Here’s my plan:
Dec 17th (Thursday)- Disney all day, MVMCP in the evening, majority of day goes to Magic Kingdom
Dec 18th (Friday)- Universal in morning and afternoon, MVMCP in the evening
Dec 19th (Saturday)- Disney all day, equally split between 4 parks
Dec 20th (Sunday)- Rest Day
Dec 21st (Monday)- Disney all day, majority of day goes to Epcot
Dec 22nd (Tuesday)- Disney all day, split between Epcot and HS
Dec 23rd (Wednesday)- Disney all day, majority of day at AK
Dec 24th (Thursday)- Disney all day, majority of day at HS

Hopefully advance and later FP+ won’t be too much of an issue that week. I’m thinking I’ll take a DVC tour at 2 different places if possible to get 6 free FPs throughout the trip. I’ll probably use a lot of those on Christmas Eve.

Trying to decide between a first time ever trip to DLR or another WDW trip next year. A late Oct/early Nov trip to coincide with my birthday would be nice. However I think that time of year has now become pricier/more crowded and will have to reconsider a quieter time if there still is one. I'm also aware of the expenses involved if I did DLR (transportation etc) as well as finding a cheap hotel within walking distance.

Either Sept. or Oct. for F&W if it happens. Will most likely do one night in a value (arrive around 2 or 3, drive down from Ga.) and then move over to Swan/Dolphin for 4 or 5 nights. Don't know if it will be a solo trip or if my son will go with me, he loves F&W but I haven't been solo in a few years and will definitely need some alone time after being locked up with honey for this long (love the man to death but there is such a thing as too much closeness). Will have PHs. Will play everything else by ear. We don't book FPs or ADRs in advance. FPs are usually day of or the night before at earliest and ADRs are booked day of. If F&W is happening, will probably try to book a couple of the special meals if they have them. Otherwise, just look forward to some relaxing time and just being there.

I am having a baby in October, and hoping to go to WDW in February or May 2021. It's a fantasy trip right now because DH isn't on board but if I get my way...
Day 1 - 4 Stay at either BLT or BCV
Arrival, mornings at MK, evenings wherever we want depending on what DD8 and DD5 are interested in. Maybe one morning at DHS to try to get on ROTR but we won't be heartbroken if we don't because we'll be back before they get rid of that ride. 😉
Day 5-7 stay at AKL savanna view
DAK one day and the other chill at the resort, Boma and watch the animals. Day 7= departure day

Cute screen-name! :D

Booked for Dec. 1-13!! Waiting for ADR time, restaurants are ready.
Moved our May Cirque tickets to then.....although have not received the new tickets yet

June 2021, first week.... Grand Floridian lagoon view with deluxe dining.... 6 nights / 7 days. Cannot even wait. It will be the trip we were supposed to be on in June of this year.... but, ya know......

one thing I’m looking forward to: hopefully FastPass for Rise of the Resistance, eating in Space220,riding Ratatouille..... okay, that’s more than one. Bring on 2021! Because I’ve had it with 2020

Have a trip planned for this Oct 24 thru Nov 2nd. 10 days/9 nights in a Copper Creek 2 bedroom at Wilderness Lodge. This will be the first time going to WDW for my 4 year and 5 year old daughters. Thinking about doing the DDP+ since we are doing a lot of character meals.
Still working out my itinerary and my ADR plan. My main concern is how much of the WDW experience will be back to normal by then? Thinking about posting a pre-trip report so you kind folks can take a look and assist me with my itinerary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter