• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For Grover (Shrimp/Pasta/Pesto Salad)

debster812

<font color=blue>DIS Earth Angel!<br><font color=0
Ok, here we go:

4 cups Fresh Italian parsley leaves (this is about 1 large bunch)
1 cup of walnuts
6 Teaspoons chopped garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 pound of gemelli or fusilli

2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1 pint basket of cherry tomatoes

Blend parsley, 3/4 cup of the walnuts, 5 teaspoons of the garlic, and lemon peel in a food processor until nuts are finely chopped. With machine running, gradually add oil and blend until a coarse paste forms. Season this sauce to taste with salt and pepper.

Cook pasta until just tender but still firm to bite

Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon garlic; saute 30 seconds. Add shrimp, saute 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and simmer until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 2 more minutes. Drain pasta well, return to same pot. Add parsley sauce to pasta, toss until blended.

Add shrimp and lemon juice mixture, toss again.

Add cherry tomatoes (I ususally cut them in half to make eating them easier), toss once more.

Sprinkle remaining walnuts over top of salad.

Yummy, now I'm hungry again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter