for my information

tlaw66

Mouseketeer
I am just a little confused and was wondering why dvc members charge more for rentals 11 months out conpared to 7. My brain says i got your money and sooner then later. This goes against all norms that i have learned.

Thanks

Owners can book at their home resorts starting 11 months from check in. That means there is a lot more choices for booking.

So, owners charge more especially if they have a popular resort.

Most owners expect payment in full when the trip is booked so their isn’t a delay in getting the money.

The closer it is to a trip, the harder it is for an owner to actually rent the points because what is left to book is limited so price is reduced to entice people to rent something that may not be their first or second choice.

Last edited:
11-8 months = high likelihood of reservations for home resorts, more 'guaranteed' to be successful
<8 months= competing with everyone and very low likelihood of securing premium resorts, lower success rate

My way of explaining what PPs already said:

Let's say I have a popular home resort.

At 11 months, only owners who have it as their home resort can book there.

At 7 months, any owner can book there.

That means that getting a reservation there between 7 months and 11 months is easier than after 7 months, because fewer people are allowed to book there during that time period.

If you really want to stay there, you are more likely to get a reservation if you tell the agency early enough so that the agency can have an owner book it for you between 7 months and 11 months. If you wait until after 7 months, your dates might be sold out.

So my points between 7 months and 11 months are a more valuable commodity than my points after 7 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter