For people applying for spring 2013

I got an email saying that I am pending...is that good or bad?

I think it's a little bit of both. Good because you know you didn't just get rejected right there! But bad because you don't know how long you'll have to wait to hear a final decision. Which COULD be a rejection. :/

(I got pended too)

I just got pended too. The email says I should hear by December 14th. Did anyone else have a date listed in their email (and if so, is it the same)?

I just got pended too. The email says I should hear by December 14th. Did anyone else have a date listed in their email (and if so, is it the same)?

Yep, same day. I heard of A LOT of people getting pended today... :worried:

I got an email saying that I am pending...is that good or bad?

Is this pending status after the phone interview? if so, how soon after your phone interview did you receive the pending notice? TIA.

I got the same date...and yes it was after the phone interview. I had to wait 2 weeks and 1 day for it. Not that I was counting or anything lol

Hey everyone! My name is Madison and this is my 2nd time applying to the DCP! I applied for Fall 2012 but I unfortunately didn't get accepted; my fingers are crossed for this time around. My phone interview is on Wednesday, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Also, for those that have already gone through the Dcp:
I'm a little nervous because I've heard the program compared to "slave labor" in the fact that they work you inhumane hours. That's not going to deter me because I love Disney, but I'd love some "real" info about the work hours! (my top choices are Conceirge, Merchandise and Photo at WDW!)

Hey everyone! My name is Madison and this is my 2nd time applying to the DCP! I applied for Fall 2012 but I unfortunately didn't get accepted; my fingers are crossed for this time around. My phone interview is on Wednesday, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Also, for those that have already gone through the Dcp:
I'm a little nervous because I've heard the program compared to "slave labor" in the fact that they work you inhumane hours. That's not going to deter me because I love Disney, but I'd love some "real" info about the work hours! (my top choices are Conceirge, Merchandise and Photo at WDW!)

This was my third time applying and finally I was accepted. Never give up! Think happy thoughts! And for your phone interview just take you time with your answers and show your enthusiasm and excitement for Disney.

Now I can't speak from experience about the workload but from what I understand is it is more work than play. I think that most people go down there and think its going to be all fun and playing around the parks rather than actually doing the job. But again, I am not entirely sure. I just figure that I will be working all the time so if that's not the case it will be a pleasant surprise.

This was my third time applying and finally I was accepted. Never give up! Think happy thoughts! And for your phone interview just take you time with your answers and show your enthusiasm and excitement for Disney.

Now I can't speak from experience about the workload but from what I understand is it is more work than play. I think that most people go down there and think its going to be all fun and playing around the parks rather than actually doing the job. But again, I am not entirely sure. I just figure that I will be working all the time so if that's not the case it will be a pleasant surprise.

Thanks Rapunzel. :) I'm really feeling positive about this experience and about my upcoming phone interview. Disney is my dream, and I really won't stop until I get there.

I expect the program to be a LOT of work, and I'm not afraid of it; I guess I'm just not wanting to get taken advantage of, you know? (even though getting taken advantage of by Disney is something I wouldn't mind terribly, haha!)

Thanks Rapunzel. :) I'm really feeling positive about this experience and about my upcoming phone interview. Disney is my dream, and I really won't stop until I get there.

I expect the program to be a LOT of work, and I'm not afraid of it; I guess I'm just not wanting to get taken advantage of, you know? (even though getting taken advantage of by Disney is something I wouldn't mind terribly, haha!)

I am expecting to be busting my butt working, but I'll be doing so in Disney ya know! Honestly being taken advantage of at work is something I am already familiar with! I had/have co-workers who constantly call me in last minute all of the time. In a span of like 6ish months I was called in to cover for one co-worker 45 plus times. So having a set schedule for working times will actually be wonderful haha.

I am expecting to be busting my butt working, but I'll be doing so in Disney ya know! Honestly being taken advantage of at work is something I am already familiar with! I had/have co-workers who constantly call me in last minute all of the time. In a span of like 6ish months I was called in to cover for one co-worker 45 plus times. So having a set schedule for working times will actually be wonderful haha.

That's crazy!! I've covered plenty of times for co-workers, but not that many! Have you had your phone interview yet? and what are your 3 choices?

That's crazy!! I've covered plenty of times for co-workers, but not that many! Have you had your phone interview yet? and what are your 3 choices?

Haha, yeah I feel awful when I don't cover for my co-worker but she would never return the favor if I were to call her in the same amount of times or so last minute like she does. So I am hopeful that with Disney its less of that, and more scheduled times and not too much of the last minute call ins.

I did, my top three roles were Merchandise, QSFB and attractions/custodial. I couldn't make a decision on the last one, and thought that I would rather take custodial over attractions because to walk around the parks for work just seemed pretty neat!

I got accepted for QSFB so I guess I was lucky to get one of my choices. What are your top choices?

Haha, yeah I feel awful when I don't cover for my co-worker but she would never return the favor if I were to call her in the same amount of times or so last minute like she does. So I am hopeful that with Disney its less of that, and more scheduled times and not too much of the last minute call ins.

I did, my top three roles were Merchandise, QSFB and attractions/custodial. I couldn't make a decision on the last one, and thought that I would rather take custodial over attractions because to walk around the parks for work just seemed pretty neat!

I got accepted for QSFB so I guess I was lucky to get one of my choices. What are your top choices?

I think Disney will be more structured; I mean, they have 60,000 employees so if they're not, I'd be surprised. I want to work so I can actually come home with some money, but I've actually never been to WDW--I've only been to Disneyland--so I want to explore the parks (especially Magic Kingdom, and New Fantasyland when it opens).

My top three are Concierge, Merchandise and Photo/attractions. I've really been thinking about it and I really want Merchandise, since I have some experience there, but I just want to get in haha! I heard QSFB is a great area to work in!

I think Disney will be more structured; I mean, they have 60,000 employees so if they're not, I'd be surprised. I want to work so I can actually come home with some money, but I've actually never been to WDW--I've only been to Disneyland--so I want to explore the parks (especially Magic Kingdom, and New Fantasyland when it opens).

My top three are Concierge, Merchandise and Photo/attractions. I've really been thinking about it and I really want Merchandise, since I have some experience there, but I just want to get in haha! I heard QSFB is a great area to work in!

Make sure you mention that you have experience in merchandising then, it does help. I think that's why I was placed in QSFB, because I have some experience there.

I won't have a car down there so I will save money in gas automatically. But I do plan on saving money too. I of course want to spend as much time in the parks as possible so I don't know how well the saving money plan will work out.

I cannot wait for the new Fantasyland. I was actually supposed to be in WDW the week I check in anyway. Me and my mom were planning a trip together for my birthday. We had reservations for Be Our Guest which I won't be able to go to! So I am hoping that while I am there I get to eat there haha.

What is QFSB?

Also - for everyone accepted - how many of you will have a car there? TIA

Make sure you mention that you have experience in merchandising then, it does help. I think that's why I was placed in QSFB, because I have some experience there.

I won't have a car down there so I will save money in gas automatically. But I do plan on saving money too. I of course want to spend as much time in the parks as possible so I don't know how well the saving money plan with work out.

I cannot wait for the new Fantasyland. I was actually supposed to be in WDW the week I check in anyway. Me and my mom were planning a trip together for my birthday. We had reservations for Be Our Guest which I won't be able to go to! So I am hoping that while I am there I get to eat there haha.

I will mention it. I've applied to the program prior to my retail experience and I didn't get in, so hopefully thiswill give me a bit of an advantage over what I had last time!

I keep debating about taking my car. Like I want to be able to go wherever I want without having to rely on the bus transportation (I want to get to a beach while I'm down there haha!) but I know it's gonna be a hassle getting my car down there and learning to navigate. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Awww, that stinks that you can't go to Be Our Guest with your reservation! But maybe they'll do something special for the Castmembers since it will be a new attraction/restaurant. I'm sure they want the workers to be knowledgable about everything! I'm super excited about New Fantasyland too; Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie/characters, so I'm thrilled to see what they've come up with!!

My daughter has made it past the phone interview. They replied in one week stating that she would hear something by Dec. 14, 2012. Does anyone have a feel for whether this is a good or bad sign? She applied last year and at the very last minute after receiving an email asking if she was still interested, didn't get in. She has her AA degree now and a year of work experience in the restaurant business. We were hoping that would help. Straight A student, Phi Theta Kappa. Good kid. We are both nervous! Insight anyone?? :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter