For People Staying on Property, With Limited Park Hours What Are You Doing at Night?

Disney Springs was our destination a couple of nights. On a few nights we had resizes at park closing. Other nights we just hung out in the villa or around Kidani.

We booked some late in-park dinners to take photos and resort ones too (new one, GF Cafe), did laundry, drank coffee, swam, strolled the grounds, sat on the balcony, and was able to go to bed before midnight, gasp.

No DS, because I 1) didn’t care to be around more crowds 2) didn’t want/need anything

Last edited:

I haven’t been to DS since it was DTD over ten years ago. If park hours stay short for my trip in March I plan on going there for a dinner or two. I’m not crazy about shopping but I’ll stroll around a bit.

Swim, swim, swim! We were at Yacht Club, so we just had to take advantage of that great pool. It was open until 10, and the quiet pool near our room was open until 11, so we were covered.

We also did a dinner after park closing time at MK, and it was great fun to stroll out almost two hours after closing.

We walked over to Boardwalk one night for a drink at Abracadabar.

Such a relaxed, fun trip.

Did MGM twice = 2 days of rising at 7 am. Happy enough to crash in room those nights after pool time.

Shortened park hours had us in parks majority of day all but last MGM day when we went offside to eat lunch. Taking a mid-day pool break, just didn’t allow time to check off all we wanted to accomplish each day.

Did do DS on a weeknight for some shopping & a lovely dinner at Art Smiths. Will say I was uncomfortable with the crowd level/lack of social distancing. Decided to not return on a weekend. That said, we are planning to return for our standard week after Thanksgiving unless the bottom drops out again.

In July, even though park hours were a bit longer, we still left before the parks closed. We hit the parks when they opened though. We actually got to bed early :eek: It was shocking to get a good amount of rest on vacation. We would also get dinner, watch movies, have a drink, and swim. We brought cards and some games but never needed them. For our November trip, we booked a night at the Give Kids the World Night of a Thousand Lights.

I got a drink from the pool bar, took it to my room and either watched a movie or chilled on my balcony. I actually got good rest on this last trip, it was wonderful. Just chilling in my room in my comfy pjs, going to sleep and getting a full 8+ hours, it was truly magical.

Gaylord Palms has Spooky events described & a Jack-O-Lantern walk this year plus an all new Pop-Up Immersive Event using favorite Holiday Movies as the theming to replace ICE in November. Discount is available if you purchase tickets early.
Actually sounds fun! I will have to tell my daughter in Dallas to see if they have these events at their other locations.
The Million Lights is great idea to enjoy and support Give Kids the World Village. Thanks for the reminder!

I just remembered we had two movie nights out on the lawn of GFV. Movie started at 830pm, towels were provided for grass. we laid out and was very lovely.

We drive, so we do have access to our car. We have made two trips, one on property, one off.

Most nights we left parks pre-closing. With low wait times, we were basically done.

With nights when were were done very early, we would often go out to dinner. One night even included dinner and snacks from Publix. We did go to DS a couple of times, basically to walk around. Dinner at TRex one evening. Other than that, we would head back to the hotel. Kids would jump on electronics for a little while, and we may catch an hour or so of TV, but that was it.

It was a more relaxed vacation. Often we come home exhausted, going morning, noon and night. Those two trips we were probably in bed by 11 every night. And with the parks opening later, it was a nice experience to not be getting up at the crack of dawn to be somewhere by 8 (except when we went to AK).

We have no park days. A couple of dinner reservations. Swimming and lounging at the pool. Looping around Fort Wilderness in the golf cart to see the Halloween decorations. Visiting with people from the forum here participating in the DISmeet at Ft. Wilderness. All in all, just chillin....

At the YC for 10 days and every night the Martha's Vineyard Lounge and Ale and Compass Lounge were full with a line. Beaches and Cream walk up window had a huge line every night. There was always a wait at the Ale and Compass Restaurant. SAB wasn't too crowded.

Are you able to go into Ft Wilderness without a reservation? I understand if you use WDW transportation, but how about if you drive over?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter