"For the first time in forever, I'm getting what I'm dreaming of." Sept 2015 PTR

I just found your PTR and it's a fun read so far!! I LOVE how creative you are with the family movie nights, what a great way to keep the excitement building.

mmmm, breakfast for dinner is always good!

i LOVE the muppet Christmas carol. we still have it on VHS and i refuse to get rid of it. the verison on DVD and Netflix are edited (a song was removed for some reason) and i HAVE to watch the original version. i'm so crazy! did the kids like it?

have a merry Christmas and happy new year!

I didn't know that there is a song removed, I used to watch it on VHS as a kid. Guess I will have to find a VHS copy some where. The kids loved it, we have watched it many more times since movie night :)

Both movie nights sound super fun! Have a great Christmas!!!

Thank you, hope you had a Merry Christmas!

I just found your PTR and it's a fun read so far!! I LOVE how creative you are with the family movie nights, what a great way to keep the excitement building.

:wave2: Welcome, so glad you are here! Thank you for all your kind words! It's been a blast, we all look forward to our Friday nights.

I think that tablecloth totally counts as decorations!

Yay, okay I feel a little better ;)

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, we sure did. We were busy hosting, then traveling to a few other houses. We enjoyed some amazing food, fun and family. I was completely wiped out for a couple days after and am now dreading packing all the Christmas stuff back up.

I figured the best movie to pick right after Christmas was Toy Story, seemed fitting. Both kids loved all the food for this night, how could they not? All kid friendly food for sure.

It was a pj kind of night.

Rex even enjoyed the food.

love the pics of rex raiding the dinner table--so funny!!! another great movie night for sure! did you catch the new holiday toy story show they had out this year? we saw it on regular tv and again on cable. pretty cute.

the song they took out of muppet Christmas carol is the one scrooge's girlfriend sings to him when she breaks up with him. it's such a good song and fits with the movie so well, I'm never sure why they cut it.... :(

love the pics of rex raiding the dinner table--so funny!!! another great movie night for sure! did you catch the new holiday toy story show they had out this year? we saw it on regular tv and again on cable. pretty cute.

the song they took out of muppet Christmas carol is the one scrooge's girlfriend sings to him when she breaks up with him. it's such a good song and fits with the movie so well, I'm never sure why they cut it.... :(

No :sad1: I wanted to see the holiday Toy Story but we don't have cable or any channels. Just Netflix and Hulu. There are very few times I actually miss cable and that was one of them.

Ahh, I totally remember that part. I am so going to look for the VHS, I wonder what was so bad about it for them to cut it out.

The inner kid in me loves all the food you put out for Toy Story night! Love all the toys sitting at the table AND the pictures of rex!! :)

The inner kid in me loves all the food you put out for Toy Story night! Love all the toys sitting at the table AND the pictures of rex!! :)

Haha, thank you! The food was a hit with the kids and my DH too! Thanks, Rex enjoyed his meal a little too much. He had some pizza sauce on his face that we had to clean off.

Adorable movie night as always! Glad to see the dinosaur got to share in the goodies. ;)

Thank you! He enjoyed his fair share ;)

Well, I've done a lot of movie nights on here, but not a lot of updating so I figured I better get one on here.

We still haven't booked and it's making me crazy! I am hoping to be booked next month, which better happen. Our cars have continued to give us fits, so our extra funds have been going there.

I've been watching our airfare and so far it's gone down a little bit, so that is a plus. Hoping to book that by March at the latest. I've read that Tuesdays and Saturdays are the cheapest days to fly so I was using that to plan, but I picked different dates to see if my airfare would increase and it is exactly the same. So I am not going to worry about trying to fly out on certain days which makes it a little easier to plan.

I've been struggling with our dates, so uncertain. I'm really starting to think about changing the dates a little. Touring plans is predicting our dates to be busier than I'd like. I'm guessing mostly due to F&W Festival. I've read that F&W really doesn't increase crowds much, but then I've read from some who say they did impact crowd level quite a bit. Another plus, if I change the dates means my DD would miss less school which I think is better too. We've also talked about shortening the length of our trip as well, but I'm still hoping we won't have to do that.

The other thing I am wondering about is according to WDW Prep School, that you should avoid the parks with EMH. Which is kind of opposite of what I was planning, we loved staying onsite at DL for the EMH benefit. The parks were so awesomely dead during that first hour. I get that there are only 3 hotels in DL as opposed to WDW's gazillion. Is that why? Do a bunch of guests show up for EMH and it makes it not worth it? Anyone know?

Found out that a closure during our trip will be Liberty Tree Tavern, I was really considering it for an ADR. So I am a little bummed about that, but there are plenty of other places I have on my list so it's okay. Life will go on. I am really hoping none of our "must do" rides will be closed while we are there, keeping my fingers crossed for that.

Ugh, cars. I feel like if you put gas in them and change the oil, they should just work!

I believe you're right about EMH. I've never actually taken that advice and actually DO plan to go to a park with EMH. Last time we went we got so much done doing rope drop at MK which had EMH that morning. We really liked it. I think that's one you'll just have decide yourself based on crowd levels, etc.

Ugh! The airfare is the most frustrating part of booking the trip. You have to have that nailed down before you can even think about hotels and everything else.

I went during F&W last trip. I'm not sure if it impacted the crowds. I felt like there were lower crowds since school was back in session which balanced out the F&W crowds if that makes sense.

I had the same questions about EMH for our upcoming trip. Initially I'd planned what parks to visit based on Touring Plans and EMH. Then I saw on another site that they advised to avoid EMH and visit the parks that did not have EMH. I asked the question here at the DIS and responses were mixed. I think that it's definitely a benefit to hit the parks with morning EMH first thing since a lot of people don't make RD on those days (I know we didn't on previous trips). From what I've heard it might be good to hop over to another park in the afternoon if you have the park hopper. Personally, I don't want to do more than one park per day so I'm going to stick with the parks that have EMH and hope that our FP will help us out in the afternoon.

Too bad about LTT. I have an ADR for lunch that I'm really looking forward to. There are so many great places at WDW to dine, I hope you find a good alternative.

Hope everything works out with your cars; they're such a pain in the butt! I feel like if it's not one thing it's another. My check engine light is always on! Can't wait to hear your dates, and see those cute movie nights you guys do!:goodvibes

Ugh, cars. I feel like if you put gas in them and change the oil, they should just work!

I believe you're right about EMH. I've never actually taken that advice and actually DO plan to go to a park with EMH. Last time we went we got so much done doing rope drop at MK which had EMH that morning. We really liked it. I think that's one you'll just have decide yourself based on crowd levels, etc.

I wish cars were that easy! From what I've read MK is really the only EMH to take advantage of since it has the most rides open.

Ugh! The airfare is the most frustrating part of booking the trip. You have to have that nailed down before you can even think about hotels and everything else.

I went during F&W last trip. I'm not sure if it impacted the crowds. I felt like there were lower crowds since school was back in session which balanced out the F&W crowds if that makes sense.

I had the same questions about EMH for our upcoming trip. Initially I'd planned what parks to visit based on Touring Plans and EMH. Then I saw on another site that they advised to avoid EMH and visit the parks that did not have EMH. I asked the question here at the DIS and responses were mixed. I think that it's definitely a benefit to hit the parks with morning EMH first thing since a lot of people don't make RD on those days (I know we didn't on previous trips). From what I've heard it might be good to hop over to another park in the afternoon if you have the park hopper. Personally, I don't want to do more than one park per day so I'm going to stick with the parks that have EMH and hope that our FP will help us out in the afternoon.

Too bad about LTT. I have an ADR for lunch that I'm really looking forward to. There are so many great places at WDW to dine, I hope you find a good alternative.

I think I am just going to move my original dates. There is another event that may impact our dates, but I think my DD missing less school is ultimately going to be better. I was dreading telling the teacher she would be missing 9 days. By changing our dates she will only miss 4. I think I am going to try touring plans that way even if it is busier, I should be able to make the most of our time.

I was planning the same, go to the parks with EMH. But the more I read, I think we may just skip EMH. Maybe do one at MK. We are definitely morning people, but with the 3 hour time difference, I think we will struggle to get up. If EMH starts at 8:00am, that's 5:00am our time. Then figure you have to be at the park 30 minutes prior to opening add on getting ready and travel time, we are looking at 3:30am our time. That does not sound good on vacation. Ugh, so much to think about.

Oh yes, there are so many dining choices. It won't be too hard finding another one ;)

Hope everything works out with your cars; they're such a pain in the butt! I feel like if it's not one thing it's another. My check engine light is always on! Can't wait to hear your dates, and see those cute movie nights you guys do!:goodvibes

Yep, seriously. I am done with the bad car juju, hopefully they will be kind to me this month so I can FINALLY book our trip!

I am overjoyed that 2015 is here, mostly because I get to say I'M GOING TO DISNEY THIS YEAR!!!! That makes me quite happy :)

We just had our 20th FMN, it doesn't seem like 20 weeks have gone by. However, I sort of forgot that our favorite college football team plays tonight and realized that FMN had to be bumped up a day early. Yea, I wasn't prepared. It was just kind of thrown together. Notice the plates and table cloth match so well :confused:

Our theme was everything mini sized or shrunk, the kids found this to be hilarious.

This was another first for the kids, they got bored quickly :( We are going to try again, I'd like them to appreciate the play area at DHS.

Last edited:
20 movie nights? Wow--you're committed! I think we did about 5 and that was difficult for me!

We've never spent any time in the play area at HS but I think it looks so cool. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the honey, I shrunk.... movies either. I don't blame the kids for losing interest but another try might be worth it!

I loved Honey I Shrunk the Kids when I was a squirt! But I may have been a bit bigger than your kiddos are now. Truth is the play area is so fun whether you like the film or not. What child doesn't enjoy an enormous ant or a giant cream filled treat?! I always wished that was a real thing... :D

I am with you on welcoming in 2015. We are going to Disney THIS year!! :woohoo:

Can't wait for ADRs and FP+ selections!! It'll be time to leave for WDW before we know it!! :yay:

20 movie nights? Wow--you're committed! I think we did about 5 and that was difficult for me!

We've never spent any time in the play area at HS but I think it looks so cool. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the honey, I shrunk.... movies either. I don't blame the kids for losing interest but another try might be worth it!

Yes, I am committed. At this point I don't think my kids would let me forget a FMN. It hasn't felt like 20 weeks so I think doing the movie nights helps pass the time.

Yea, the first part of the movie is a little slow. I kept telling them that it gets better and I thought they'd like the ant part. They were just not into waiting and watching. I think I will fast forward next time and maybe they will like it more.

I loved Honey I Shrunk the Kids when I was a squirt! But I may have been a bit bigger than your kiddos are now. Truth is the play area is so fun whether you like the film or not. What child doesn't enjoy an enormous ant or a giant cream filled treat?! I always wished that was a real thing... :D

I am with you on welcoming in 2015. We are going to Disney THIS year!! :woohoo:

Can't wait for ADRs and FP+ selections!! It'll be time to leave for WDW before we know it!! :yay:

I loved it when I was a kid too, but I agree, I was probably a little older too. I know they will enjoy the play area regardless, I just thought they'd really appreciate it more if they knew what it was from. Hopefully, they will give it another shot soon.

Agreed, cannot wait for park hours to be released so I can firm up our daily plans and get the ADRs booked!

Happy New Year!!

Honey I shrunk the Kids night seemed cute, I'm sorry to hear they weren't into it! But 20 movie nights already, that's so impressive!

Ugh sorry to hear about your car trouble :( I hope you are able to book soon!

The general consensus is that you should avoid EMH because while the early morning hour or the extra late night hours won't be as crowded, the rest of the day at the park will be crowded. I think though if you plan on fully utilizing the time (i.e. waking up to be at rope drop for a morning EMH) and have a good plan for the busier time of day, you will be ok.

I wouldn't be concerned with F&W affecting crowds, apart from Epcot on weekends. Epcot usually gets busy on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during F&W because that's when most of the locals tend to go.

Definitely check out easywdw.com if you haven't already. His advice always has been crucial in my personal trip planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter