• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those DVC folks that go in the summer...June vs. Aug.

edk35

DIS Veteran
We have never been to Disney in June. We have been a few times in July...but well after the 4th and we have been in Aug. a couple of times. Is there a big difference in June crowds vs. Aug. crowds?? This year we can't go in July. I know my choice of dvc resorts are already disappearing if we choose June but I am not that picky. Any advice?? The earliest we could go in June would be the 20th. THANKS

I'd go first week of June. I prefer 2nd to the last or last week in May. If you can go the first week of June, many schools have not let out and it won't be as crowded. It won't be as hot, and it won't be as humid most likely.

I'd go first week of June. I prefer 2nd to the last or last week in May. If you can go the first week of June, many schools have not let out and it won't be as crowded. It won't be as hot, and it won't be as humid most likely.

In a perfect SCHOOL world I would love to go in mid to late May..but can't. As of TODAY we are out of school on the 17th. If we have to make up any looming snow days....they get tacked on the end of the year. With a son in high school...who has to take finals...no can do before the 20th. :worried:

Can you go in late August? We've been the last week of August a couple of times and it was quieter than weeks in October and early December.
We went the week leading into Labor Day.
This was a few years ago, so it may have picked up(it was during free dining, too, so even with that, it wasn't bad.)
Many schools are back in session by then.

I'd go that week again in a heartbeat but with my kids in football and cheering, which start camp late August, I'm going the 8th-17th this year. I know it will be crowded, but we'll make the best of it. :)

We've gone in June and August - frankly I thought they were about the same both crowd and heat. You just need to plan for after 6p or before noon - do the pool in the day's middle.

I will say that Epcot is a bit 'aromatic' by 9p - the only thing we could figure was that people stayed thru the hotest part of the day because it closes at 9p (generally) :confused3

I am a teacher so we have to go during the end of June. It is hot and crowded but we plan for it. I totally agree to stay away from the parks between noon and at least 6 pm. We still have a great time.

We've been both June and August. It might be a little more humid in August, but not that much of a difference. The crowds can be bad either time. We just came back from a short trip in January and I thought it was pretty crowded for that time of year. I thought it would have been much quieter. Like the others have said, be prepared for the crowds and heat. Try to go to the parks early and late while spending the midday be the pools or room for a break.

That's one plus for the new fast pass + you can schedule your times for later in the day. In the past, the fast passes would already be used up by midday.

Have fun!!!!!

Crowds are always lighter after August 15 than any other time of the summer, since the south goes back to school. Rates and crowd calendars will always show you this and that's why we always go then.

On average, August will be hotter than June, and I have found June to be a littel wetter, but weather patterns can change that in a second - we've had very wet August weeks and very dry ones - but afternoon/evening thunderstorms are more common in August, and spring rains that last all day can be more common in June.

Once we were there on Memorial day weekend and it was cold - 50s - and raining - and everyone was chilled to the bone... anything can happen!

I am a teacher so we have to go during the end of June. It is hot and crowded but we plan for it. I totally agree to stay away from the parks between noon and at least 6 pm. We still have a great time.

Aside from the heat, another reason to stay away from the parks during these hours... if you start leaving around noon, you'll see hundreds of unaware families still pouring in. far more folk coming than going. Heat + crowds = large cranky groups of people.

Leave, rest, relax, swim, shop... you'll be refreshed for a fun evening whereas all those others will be dragging at the end of the day. Who do you think will bring home the better memories? :goodvibes

We have found the last two weeks of August to be truly ideal as points are reasonable and crowds are manageable. This summer will be our third consecutive August visit.

We are trying the last week of May after Memorial Day this year since the first two weeks of June have gotten far too busy over the last few years, especially as to tour groups.:bitelip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter