For those of European ancestry, do you celebrate Europe Day 🇪🇺 (May 9th)?

No

I can understand May 8th Victory in Europe Day or May 9th Victory day

Last edited:
No

I can understand May 8th Victory in Europe Day or May 9th Victory day
I guess I should have posted that during that week multiple holidays about Europe are celebrated.

I do not, and my guess is my ancestors who left there to come to the U.S. would think it very odd to do so.
The US has the strongest relationship with the EU/Europe. So from my perspective, we would be celebrating our strong relationship with our European allies and our shared democratic values.

I guess I should have posted that during that week multiple holidays about Europe are celebrated.
Yeah - I assumed it was related to the other two - but I guess not - at least not directly.

Anyway this is the first time I've ever heard of it.

Yeah - I assumed it was related to the other two - but I guess not - at least not directly.

Anyway this is the first time I've ever heard of it.
It's a day for Europe to celebrate its moral and democratic values and close allies like the US celebrate in low level ways sometimes. I use it as an excuse to celebrate my ancestral homelands in Europe and make an EU flag cake (because, why not have an excuse to eat cake? :laughing:).

Well, Ireland is in the EU, but St Brigid's Day and St Patrick's Day are plenty for me. I really have no strong feeling for the whole EU. Plus my birthday is in May and Mother's Day, so that's enough there.

The US has the strongest relationship with the EU/Europe. So from my perspective, we would be celebrating our strong relationship with our European allies and our shared democratic values.
Strongest compared to?

I don't even celebrate my birthday I don't need lots of added holidays. Keeping it basic here ... very basic.

And any extras are for FUN. Last year my extended family came here for a Coronation Party. We had an English tea buffet spread, decorations, Coronation tree, photobooth with props, our family crests on display and a portrait of Great Grandmom who was born in England and moved here as young lady.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter