For those of you going when it's REALLY hot...

Kaye

Mouseketeer
I saw this on QVC today. It is called the CoolBlast (I think). The one they had on today was a bigger unit you can put around your waist or over your shoulder.

The idea is you fill it with water, or water and ice, and then mist yourself. It doesn't get you wet, just cools the air around you. It is the same sort of thing you will see during those late summer/early fall NFL and college games on the sidelines. I have seen a smaller version of what they showed today, and you pay about the same price for 2 smaller units.

I was thinking if I was going to WDW in the summer, I would be carrying one of those around for sure. A gy did call in and said he had taken this to WDW last August. Just a thought. Hope this helps somebody.

The big one was around $18, but you can go to the QVC website for all the other info.

I saw that too, and my first thought was that it would be great at WDW........

Have you seen the personal cooling system from sharper image? Looks like it may help as well.

Of course, the battery operated misting fans work great too.

Actually, the brand name of these is Misty Mate. You can find descriptions at www.mistymate.com
If I'm not mistaken the Cool Blast is the largest one. IMHO, it is way too big to lug around the parks all day. They also make smaller one though. They both give out the same amount of mist. There's just a difference in how often you have to refill it with water. I recently bought one on www.eBay.com. (There are several posted now on eBay. All are new and are going for great prices. Do a search for "Misty Mate." I got mine from seller "Patricialynn." It was a very smooth transaction. I would recommend buying from her if she has any posted.) I got a great deal on it, even with shipping. I actually bought a daypack (fanny pack), that hold a water bottle, and the 16 oz. Misty Mate straps to the bottom of it. You can take the Misty Mate off if needed.

I've seen this or at least something alot like this at Walgreen's, but it was $30. Add s&h and you might come up to 30 anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter