For those of you who have made room requests with Disney, how successful were you?

CATANDSAL1009

Mouseketeer
For those of you who have made room requests with Disney, how successful were you? Did you call and email to make the room requests? TIA

We are about 50/50 with our requests. I generally call them in and have Touring Plans send the fax. My #1 request is always a King room and those are hard to come by sometimes.

We are DVC members and make our room requests at the time we make our reservation. We almost always have those requests honored.

For those of you who have made room requests with Disney, how successful were you? Did you call and email to make the room requests? TIA
I guess I don't know this information either so I have questions.
What number did you call, is there a general number to call for requests?
What email is used for these requests?

I have only made requests on the Disney online check-in and never got what I requested.
Any info is appreciated! :tink:

We've always gotten what we requested, but once we did have to wait for it. At Poly we requested an upper floor in a certain long house that has since been renamed and converted to DVC. We got that right away. At BWV we had a standard view studio booked on rented points and requested an upper floor. This room was not ready until after 6PM. We were exhausted and really wished we had just asked for the first available room. At CSR and AKL we did not make requests, but we were upgraded from standard view to garden view and pool view rooms.

I guess I don't know this information either so I have questions.
What number did you call, is there a general number to call for requests?
What email is used for these requests?

I have only made requests on the Disney online check-in and never got what I requested.
Any info is appreciated! :tink:

I pay for a touring plans subscription and have them deal with it. You can call in and add a note to the reservation at least 5 days before check in as that is when the assignors start playing tetris.

We never call for a room request or do one online. We always wait and do the room request at the front desk when we get there....our success rate doing this is 100%. Not everyone likes to goto the front desk, but we do whenever we have a room location or section or building request. We go a lot, but most of the time we do not request any room, so we will do the online check-in and get whatever we get. If we are staying at specific resorts we always ask for either a specific building, or floor depending on what we are doing.

When we do have a request, we never do online check-in....we goto the front desk, check-in and ask for what we would like. Seems to work for us. If you see the person by the front desk holding an ipad....avoid them as they cannot do much except check you in and tell you that you will be getting a text...lol

Much easier to get a request when they put a face to the reservation, than someone in an office who may or may not care about room location that day.

Also remember if you do a online or call in request and it is not what you wanted when you get your text, don't goto the room, goto the front desk....they can move you if available.

That’s awesome!! So you call to make your reservation or can you make the request online as you book?
Yes, typically I call to make reservations. Been a member since 1995 and am just in a rut doing that. I have made reservations on line a few times though. In that case I just follow up with an email to member services to have my requests noted on the reservation.

I’ve always had Touring Plans submit my requests and would check with the front desk if we didn’t get it. Our requests are more about a floor or building and not about a specific room.

Our requests are more about a floor or building and not about a specific room.
An excellent point to stress. If a guest requests a specific room the likelihood that it will be available the day they arrive is very low. At that point, the room assigner doesn't know why that was important to the guest. Its best to put a request in general terms like Near Elevator, or Top Floor, etc.

We are probably 75/25 having it work out. I’ve requested connecting rooms twice, been honored both times (super fingers crossed that gets honored again for our upcoming trip). My location requests usually get honored, but not always. Sometimes it works out exactly how I want, other times not so much - but always at least one of my requests was granted (connecting rooms being my priority those trips). I always add my requests over the phone when I book. This time I also had Touring Plans send over the fax or whatever they do. I never online check in - prefer to go to the desk and get it all sorted out face to face.

Have used TouringPlans request system 4 times and it's not been anywhere close for those three of those four times. That forth time was just a floor or two difference on a one night stay, so nothing terrible. For me personally, I'll probably stick to the Online Check-In route and see how that goes, comparatively.

We did a split stay. I requested a certain bank of rooms at each resort. Our travel agent put in the request. We got exactly what we asked for at both resorts. I'm guessing that isn't the norm.

Made room request during online check in recently. It was limited as you could choose from one of the preset requests. I was granted the one preset request.

I only ever put in minimal requests and they're always pretty broad. They gave always been honored. Sometimes I've called them in, sometimes I've been able to make the requests through online check in. I never request specific rooms. My requests are generally "not ground floor", but when I stayed at Pop in the middle of the refurb I did request the two sections I knew were complete at that time, with no other requests, and both visits that request was honored.

There's definitely not a science to it, but the more generic your requests, the more likely to be honored, I think.

We have called in advance to make room requests. And also reminded them at check in, and they usually try to honor it and work something out. Sometimes they offer us the option to get the room much earlier (ie. in the morning) so we often accept that, rather than wait for our room request to be fulfilled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter