For those prone to motion sickness – just back

I take two Bonine the night before...never tried in the mornings, just in case of drowsiness. It has been an effective strategy for me. My motion sickness started after my first pregnancy, before that I was the person who could ride anything, even the rotor, back to back with no issue. Now elevators are even tricky.
This is my exact experience too, so weird LOL! I do the same as you, 2 Bonine at night, starting a night or two before my trip or cruise and I bring ginger gum just in case but so far haven't needed it. My trip last week I did Remy, FOP, ROTR, Space, etc. and had no issues.
I am another who used to be able to ride anything and since I had my daughter (18 years ago!) I have terrible motion sickness on simulator-style rides. Except Soarin’ for some reason 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just some information:
Bonine is the same as meclizine. Bonine is the brand-name. Meclizine is the active ingredient. I buy generic brands of meclizine since it's cheaper. Most come in 25 mg pills (the same dosage as Bonine).

I begin taking meclizine a week before travel. I always take mine at night. I have to take 1/2 of a pill (so 12.5 mg) because a whole pill actually makes me feel worse than the motion sickness. I continue taking 1/2 pill every night the whole trip and a few days after I get back. It is enough to help me avoid travel sickness and vertigo from rides.

I had similar experiences as the original poster, but I use Dramamine because I do also get vertigo. I don’t pre-medicate. I have used Bonnie before but it also makes me feel funny. I was OK with MMRR. I had to close my eyes on part of Remy and Soarin but otherwise didn’t need anything for those. Managed to survive TOT but have no desire to do it again. Got horribly motion sick from FOP. I didn’t want to even try it but DH bought our whole family LL because of course he didn’t believe me so I tried it and it ruined our AK day. Now he believes me.

I had similar experiences as the original poster, but I use Dramamine because I do also get vertigo. I don’t pre-medicate. I have used Bonnie before but it also makes me feel funny. I was OK with MMRR. I had to close my eyes on part of Remy and Soarin but otherwise didn’t need anything for those. Managed to survive TOT but have no desire to do it again. Got horribly motion sick from FOP. I didn’t want to even try it but DH bought our whole family LL because of course he didn’t believe me so I tried it and it ruined our AK day. Now he believes me.
Bummer about FOP impacting your AK day miserably. Your post made me think of how, as kids, my sister always thought I was faking being car sick just so I could always have the front seat.

Bummer about FOP impacting your AK day miserably. Your post made me think of how, as kids, my sister always thought I was faking being car sick just so I could always have the front seat.
my brother will still not sit in same row seats as me to this day and we are both over 70 years old. lets just leave it as he has his reasons

I have always had motion sickness but have been able to ride everything at WDW with a bit of preplanning. This trip I started having trouble since I am having fluid in my ears with sinus issues this spring. This was my last ride on RnR as it about did me in. I found that the direct stop in motion at the end was the cause and had a couple of minor incidents with direction changes in Remmy and FOP.

Sadly I don't think we will be staying at POP again because our one ride on the skyliner made even my non motion sick daughter happy the ride was over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter