For those there right now, are more park reservations opening the day before or so?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
We have a trip with park days starting June 5. My newlywed daughter’s hubby is a pilot, and he lost his vacation slot. So he will only be able to be with us for a few days of the trip. Who is the most mopy and drippy Disney Princess? That would be my daughter Meredith. Right now I have MK for June 5 and AK for June 6. He won’t arrive till mid afternoon on the 5th, if the flight gods are kind. Since he is a Disney newbie, we were hoping to show him a morning in MK. I keep holding my breath and canceling AK on the 6th to try MK but no pixie dust. Any recent success in more park ressies opening up?

No. And you’ve got a double whammy working against you I’m afraid. Your dates are during the special Olympics event. It’s unlikely that folks will cancel

Never stop checking but have alternative plans in place

No. And you’ve got a double whammy working against you I’m afraid. Your dates are during the special Olympics event. It’s unlikely that folks will cancel

Never stop checking but have alternative plans in place
Wow. That I did not know. It will be interesting to see how that impacts park attendance. I told Princess Morose that I will do the best I can, and at least we have ressies for every day and hoppers.

Don't stress too much; could be a blessing in disguise. My DH loves AK (FOP is his all time favorite), but isn't very interested in MK. For the Disney superfans that frequent these boards, MK is beautiful and magical and special. My DH calls it "Vegas for kids"--too much IP everywhere for him, too artificial and too many kiddie rides. I usually recommend Epcot and AK for adults who haven't been to Disney before. Save MK and HS for after they've done the more laid-back "atmosphere park" experience and have come to appreciate Disney parks aren't just for kids and disney movie fans.

Don't stress too much; could be a blessing in disguise. My DH loves AK (FOP is his all time favorite), but isn't very interested in MK. For the Disney superfans that frequent these boards, MK is beautiful and magical and special. My DH calls it "Vegas for kids"--too much IP everywhere for him, too artificial and too many kiddie rides. I usually recommend Epcot and AK for adults who haven't been to Disney before. Save MK and HS for after they've done the more laid-back "atmosphere park" experience and have come to appreciate Disney parks aren't just for kids and disney movie fans.
I know! Right? We are there, at Vistana, from June 4-18. A week at the Vistana equals less than 2 nights in a Disney deluxe. I have 10 day park hopper plus, with length of stay Genie+, and Discovery Cove booked, and all the ADRs. We were there briefly with Ricky right after they reopened , but so much was unavailable, and they weren’t married yet. Piedmont screwed with Ricky’s schedule and unless he gets some serious pixie dust and can drop a trip, he will have June 6 and 13 as his only full days , with part days on the hinges, if the airlines aren’t screwed up. Meredith can only talk about how she will feel watching happy couples and she doesn’t have her new husband. She wants MK as the full day, which is her happy place and she wants to show Ricky all the stuff. I got twisted into changing the trip that was supposed to be just my hubby and me in early spring as a our first time ever solo to going in JUNE, the day after Meredith finishes teaching as a first year Montessori teacher. I am trying to tell myself this is a great opportunity for them to develop coping skills for the pilot/spouse life, but there is no way that Disney planning is a match for this situation. Ugh.

I know! Right? We are there, at Vistana, from June 4-18. A week at the Vistana equals less than 2 nights in a Disney deluxe. I have 10 day park hopper plus, with length of stay Genie+, and Discovery Cove booked, and all the ADRs. We were there briefly with Ricky right after they reopened , but so much was unavailable, and they weren’t married yet. Piedmont screwed with Ricky’s schedule and unless he gets some serious pixie dust and can drop a trip, he will have June 6 and 13 as his only full days , with part days on the hinges, if the airlines aren’t screwed up. Meredith can only talk about how she will feel watching happy couples and she doesn’t have her new husband. She wants MK as the full day, which is her happy place and she wants to show Ricky all the stuff. I got twisted into changing the trip that was supposed to be just my hubby and me in early spring as a our first time ever solo to going in JUNE, the day after Meredith finishes teaching as a first year Montessori teacher. I am trying to tell myself this is a great opportunity for them to develop coping skills for the pilot/spouse life, but there is no way that Disney planning is a match for this situation. Ugh.
For the first 10 years of my marriage, I never had vacation more than 3-5 days, and when I did, I was working most days while on vacation—working late at night and early morning in the hotel lobby so that I could have some little bit more time with family during the day, and taking work calls from benches while by DH took the kids on rides. Your daughter will survive—part of growing up is recognizing things are harder than when you were a kid or in college, and it isn’t always fair—some people have harder jobs than others. I say this only because maybe you can show to your daughter as proof that she will by no means the only couple at Disney World having to squeeze in time together around work demands. I can say with confidence I was never the only person on a laptop in the hotel lobby at midnight… it’s pretty common actually.

I’ll be the outliner and say I saw MK passes for today open up yesterday when I was searching, they were gone the few days before. Enough for a family of 4. Not sure how long they lasted though.

D
I’ll be the outliner and say I saw MK passes for today open up yesterday when I was searching, they were gone the few days before. Enough for a family of 4. Not sure how long they lasted though.
Which is why you never give up checking

I had MK reservations for Friday but we decided we want to do Animal Kingdom that morning instead, so I cancelled by two this afternoon. I’m sure they were scooped up instantly, but just wanted to say that people’s plans CAN change.

For anyone curious, the reason I cancelled is because I accomplished exponentially more at MK yesterday than I thought I would under the new system on a holiday weekend. I’ll hop back over on an evening or two, but don’t need another full day as I thought. It won’t be that way at the other parks, but MK has enough LL rides that you can stack easily throughout the day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter