For those who complain Christmas is hyped too early...

I bet those are some of the same folks who buy gifts in the summer,etc. when they find something just right for the receiver. Probably put up the tree before Thanksgiving! :thumbsup2

Hallmark does have their Christmas in July movies all month. Drives me crazy.

One of my sisters says she is already shopping for next Christmas. I know she's also been looking for outdoor Christmas decorations on her local yard sale FB back too.

At least she enjoys the holidays.

So where did you see this? I work for Hallmark and haven't seen anything about it yet.

In this flash-bang, short attention span world, promoting something a year in advance seems like a huge waste, given how many people I know who haven't made their New Years plans yet.

I have to wonder if those were promos for THIS years Christmas movies that someone forgot to pull.

disney1990 said:
So where did you see this? I work for Hallmark and haven't seen anything about it yet.

I just saw a commercial about 30 minutes ago on the Hallmark channel.

They are promoting 12 new Christmas movies for 2014 beginning Nov 1st

I am one of those Christmas crazies. Lol

I passed a bunch of houses today where their Christmas tree was already out by the curb ready for the garbage pick up. We always keep ours up for NYE and New Years Day. :confused3 I'm still in Christmas mode, watching Christmas movies and baking cookies!

Katelly said:
I passed a bunch of houses today where their Christmas tree was already out by the curb ready for the garbage pick up. We always keep ours up for NYE and New Years Day. :confused3 I'm still in Christmas mode, watching Christmas movies and baking cookies!

Me too. I am just now at a place where I have down time to savor the season. I firmly believe in the 12 days of Christmas AFTER the actual date of December 25th. Haven't had time to enjoy lights or specials or community happenings and they are all but gone. Makes me sad.

Me too. I am just now at a place where I have down time to savor the season. I firmly believe in the 12 days of Christmas AFTER the actual date of December 25th. Haven't had time to enjoy lights or specials or community happenings and they are all but gone. Makes me sad.

Yup, the historic Christmas season is December 25th, the day Jesus was born to January 6, the Epiphany, when the wise men arrived in Bethlehem. DW is an odd mix of atheist and a hater of commercialization of anything, and that is the Christmas season she grew up with

The retail Christmas season ends December 24th, but who cares?

We took ours out. It stopped drinking a couple weeks ago and was turning brown. I like to keep it up until New Years but it wasn't in the cards

This Christmas, for us, while wonderful, was also stressful and tiring. Mostly due to the shopping.

I am hoping to be one of those that buy all year this year. I want to be finished next year by Thanksgiving so I can enjoy the season a little more. That, and buying online!!!!

But I do prefer my Christmas movies to wait until at least November!! Lifetime and their Christmas in July is a just a little early for me.

...Hallmark is already hyping their 2014 Christmas movies. :)

Wow that is crazy. Now let me get back to planning my 2015 WDW vacation, I have to go read the magic band thread to see what time is the best to ride Space Mountain.

I just saw a commercial about 30 minutes ago on the Hallmark channel.

They are promoting 12 new Christmas movies for 2014 beginning Nov 1st

I am one of those Christmas crazies. Lol

Oh, on the Hallmark Channel.

We went to the movies on Friday and they were running previews for movies that come out the end of 2014, so I guess that is no different.

Wow that is crazy. Now let me get back to planning my 2015 WDW vacation, I have to go read the magic band thread to see what time is the best to ride Space Mountain.

Yep, now with Magic Bands, you have to know what park you are going to be in, what restaurants you want to eat in and what rides you want to ride. Crazy.

I am sad about that too. We have neighbors that have already taken down their lights. The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is so crazy with shopping, baking, cleaning, decorating, wrapping that I so look forward to the days between Christmas and New Years when I can just relax and enjoy the work that I've done in the last month or so and it seems like it is all done and I missed it. I think New Years is part of the holidays and deserving of decorations too!

We are enjoying our time now. The tree is on, we can enjoy our gifts, Christmas movies are on the TV and we can sleep-in every morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter