• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? for those who did the Free Dining last year and are going this year..

GinaGrumpyDwarf

<font color=deeppink>Preferrs a BUZZ but will sett
What Places this year do you think are TS credit "worthy" again?

For us, Whispering Canyon, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Mamma's and HOOP DEE DOO...lol. My husband could pass for 6bits..lol.

as far as CS credits, we love Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck's express, and the shocker of the trip, Cantina de San Angel. We were in Epcot for the soft opening of F&W but this year, look out!! :thumbsup2

We were there last October with the free dining & are going again this August also with free dining!! :cool1:

The places we did in October that we will do again this August are..
Mama Melrose
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Le Cellier
Boma

Trying some new ones as well
Chefs de France
Sci Fi
Alfredos

mommykds said:
We were there last October with the free dining & are going again this August also with free dining!! :cool1:

The places we did in October that we will do again this August are..
Mama Melrose
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Le Cellier
Boma

Trying some new ones as well
Chefs de France
Sci Fi
Alfredos

I know that everyone's opinions are their own, but anytime i can tell someone that i hated boma..i will...lol.
I've never done CHEFs. Sci Fi we did last time, but i dont like the fact that with our party of 4 you dont face eachother...then again, sometimes that's a GOOD thing..lol.
I've eaten at Alfredo's before, and I thought that it was pretty terrible too, so that's why we're opting for TONY's this time. We havent been since our honeymoon, now our 3year old will LOVE the lady and the tramp theme!!lol

Our first trip we only did CRT & PSB breakfasts w/vouchers, so the free dining last fall was a great way for us to try TS - we had 13 nights. :) We didn't have any meals that were bad, just liked some more than others.

We're skipping some of our favorites from last year because my parents are taking us in Dec. & we'll go to them then - LTT & CR.

I really wanted to try all new places this fall - had everything picked out. DH wasn't sure of some of the menus, so we ended up not doing any I had picked out. DH & DD both really wanted to do some places again, so we'll be doing some from before after all. DH also wanted to stick mainly with buffets.

Our ADRs:

Beaches & Cream (not an ADR, but plan to eat there)
Cape May dinner - new
Garden Grill - new
Chef Mickeys breakfast - new
Chef Mickeys
Crystal Palace dinner - new
WCC lunch

We went last year in Oct. and going this year Sept/Oct.

Ones we went to last year and LOVED and are doing again..in order.

1. LeCellier & Teppanyaki (tied for 1st).
2. Concourse Steak House & Earl of Sandwich (tied)
3. Ohana & Kona Cafe (tied too)
3. Whispering Canyon Cafe
4. Crystal Palace
5. The Plaza (MK)
6. Chef Mickey's

Places we went and will NOT be returning

1. Yachtsman Steak House
2. Narcoosee's
3. CRT dinner
4. Coral Reef

Doing free dining again this year and paying for it in May. Trying some new places, hope this helped!

We had the free dining last year, and will again this August (although I had planned to pay for it!!)

Last year I went with my son (16), this year I'm going to take my husband to places that my son and I loved:

1. Le Cellier
2. Kona Cafe

In all our years and meals at WDW, we haven't been to Sci-fi, so we're going to try it this year (hey - it's free)

We went last year for the Free dining and are taking advantage of it again this year. We were already booked w/ the DDP and when they Free dining package came out I switched over we saved $870!!!!!

We have so many MUST do's that it's hard to fit them all in and add some new ones in there. But this time seeing as I had already paid for the DDP and I'm saving all that money we're going to eat at a couple TS or breakfast and dinner.

New ones were trying this time...
LTT- I know I know after 14 trips we still haven't eaten here
CM- for dinner always do breakfast never tried dinner
PSB- breakfast
Cape May- dinner
Beaches -n- Cream- Always want to try this keep trying every trip but never make it!!!

New ones we tried last time...and won't return!!!
CRT- breakfast it was okay worth the look on DD face getting up early every morning for 5 mornings in a row!!! But now that it's 2 TS we won't be going back
Coral Reef- NO WAY!!!

We also did the HDD for the first time last trip and will most definately be returning!!!

Hi guys, I am a question for a couple of you. Why would you not go back to the coral reef? I heard so many good things about it. We went to Canada(LeCellier) last year and it was outrageous. We were going to try something else. Thanks

andychris14 said:
Hi guys, I am a question for a couple of you. Why would you not go back to the coral reef? I heard so many good things about it. We went to Canada(LeCellier) last year and it was outrageous. We were going to try something else. Thanks

For my family personally we hate the food and ironically we had bad service as well! We are a pretty easy family (just 3 of us). ANd really we only ask for a refill on our soda. Which we NEVER got!!! Anyway the food was not great. It went down a little easier knowing we had the DDP but if I had to pay for the meal NO WAY!!! It's all in a matter of taste and opinion though. Some people really hate BOMA and we LOVE it. I would say if your on the free dining plna try it you may end up liking it!

We went last year to:

Chef Mickey's Dinner
CRT dinner
Crystal Palace Dinner
LTT
Boma
Le Cellier
'Ohana
50's PT
Sci-fi

This year we are going back to all but CRT dinner because while it was fine last year and we really enjoyed it, it is not worth 2TS to me, and Sci-Fi because we have done it quite a few times. It fine, but we prefer 50's PT.

This year we will do:

Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
50's PT
Le Cellier
Garden Grill
Boma ( seems that you either love it or you hate it--we loved it!)
LTT
1900 Park Fare
'Ohana

paces not going back to are

lecellier to long of wait hour or longer
crt rushed rude wait staff not worth one ts more less two
cp just better places to eat IMO tring LTT

places going back to
1900 good Bfast and dinner
CM good bfast
concourse relaxing and great wait staff
WCC for lunch not dinner and OOP fun ,food was good not great.

Last year we went to:

Chef Mickey's dinner (LOVED, but we are trying 1900 PF instead this year, but will definately go back to Chef Mickey's again)

Ohana (Loved the atmosphere, the view, the games, the Poly, but didn't love the food as much as everyone else here does. I'm a little sad to miss this one this year, but can't justify it, the meats were just disapointing)

Le Cellier (LOVED and are going back!)

CRT Dinner (Glad we got to say we did it before it changed to 2 TS. It was beautiful inside and a great experience, but not worth 2 TS)

This year we are going to:

Wolfgang Puck's Cafe (Loved WP Express CS last year!)

Sci Fi (First time)

Olivia's (Haven't made this ADR yet, so this one could change, but the menu looks good to me)

1900 Park Faire (Our character meal this year instead of CM)

Spoodles (First time)

Le Cellier

Whispering Canyon Cafe (First time, heard this one is fun!)

Marrakesh (We loved Tangierine Cafe CS last year, so we're trying this one.)

Jennifer

Last year we had 8 glorious nights at WL and enjoyed the free dining plan in late Aug.

We ate at and enjoyed:

WCC
50's PTC (loved Manny, he was FABULOUS :cool1: )
LeCellier
Sci Fi
CP - breakfast for my b-day :)
PSB
CM - breakfast
CRT for dinner - LOVED the slipper dessert - I still have dreams about that :love:
HDDR - DH got picked to be the "Star of the Show" and it was one of the most memorable nights we've ever had pixiedust:

We did a lot of sharing, so that's how we got to enjoy so many great TS restaurants.

This year, we haven't booked yet, but hope too (we're going in May and Dec. and we're not sure if we can afford to squeeze in another trip in Aug. but you only live once, right? :thumbsup2 )

If we do go, we would love to try these places this time:

LTT
1900 Park Fare
Spirit of Aloha (anyone who's gone, opinions welcome)
O'Hana's

Any other places you would say NOT to miss?

jenga1030 said:
Last year we went to:

Chef Mickey's dinner (LOVED, but we are trying 1900 PF instead this year, but will definately go back to Chef Mickey's again)

Ohana (Loved the atmosphere, the view, the games, the Poly, but didn't love the food as much as everyone else here does. I'm a little sad to miss this one this year, but can't justify it, the meats were just disapointing)

Le Cellier (LOVED and are going back!)

CRT Dinner (Glad we got to say we did it before it changed to 2 TS. It was beautiful inside and a great experience, but not worth 2 TS)

This year we are going to:

Wolfgang Puck's Cafe (Loved WP Express CS last year!)

Sci Fi (First time)

Olivia's (Haven't made this ADR yet, so this one could change, but the menu looks good to me)

1900 Park Faire (Our character meal this year instead of CM)

Spoodles (First time)

Le Cellier

Whispering Canyon Cafe (First time, heard this one is fun!)

Marrakesh (We loved Tangierine Cafe CS last year, so we're trying this one.)

Jennifer

Jennifer, make sure you ask for a straw at Whispering Canyon...ROFL :rotfl2:
We went there last year and are going again this year...maybe i'll be brave enough to ask for katchup :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'll limit my ones to the Free dining last October.

Places that were well worth a credit and we are returning to.
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace (went for breakfast, we're doing dinner)
Boma
Spoodles. Overall, we liked the food here the best.

Places that were worth the credits we paid but we're not going back to this time.
Ca Grill (2 credits) We will return. just not this time.
CRT (1 credit) Note it was one last October, but we do not feel it is worth 2. We won't return at the price of two credits. If anything, I'd send one parent in with a child and pay cash rather than use up 4 credits or worse 8 for a family of 4.
H and V. We will return, just not this time.

Places that were not worth 1 credit.
Marrakesh.

Places we did not eat for free last time that we will this time.
Le Cellier
1900 Pf
Maya Grill
Mama Melrose
Ohana
Chef's De France.

Counter services that were woth 1 credit.
Cosmic Rays
Columbia Harbour House
Flame Tree BBQ.
Pop food court
Tangierine
Cantina De San Angel

We'll make a special point to return to Tangierine and Flame Tree BBQ.

Counter services that were not worth 1 credit
ABC Commisary.

I notice someone decided to try Marrakesh because Tangierine was so good.
For us, Tangeirine was one of our favorite counter meals on the property.
Marrakesh we will not return to.

We had free dining back in August. I currently have a quote to go back this year, but haven't gotten DH to agree yet. :(

TS we ate at:

LeCellier
Crystal Palace
Yacht Club Galley
Sci-Fi Diner
O'Hana

The only I would do LeCellier and O'Hana again. The rest were okay, but not great. We all really liked Crystal Palace, but I would try a different Character Meal this time so my kids get to experience different characters.

We went in Jan/ Feb. and we purchased the dining plan, we felt it was very much worth it. We will be going back in Sept. and getting the free dining.

Here is where we ate;

CRT - it was still only 1 TS credit, it was nice, and I'm glad I get to say we ate there, however, it is NOT worth 2 TS credits. We won't do this one again.

Crystal Palace - LOVED IT, always do, and will do it again!

Chef Mickey's - Always good, will do it again!

WCC - it was OK....... probably won't do it again. We didn't really experience any of the "fun" that people have talked about, I guess it was a slow night!! LOL

Le Cellier - FANTASTIC - Loved it - WILL do it again!!!

*At Christmas we went to these and will be returning:

Le Celliers
Sci Fi
O'hanas

*Ones that we will NOT:

Whispering Canyon Cafe
CRT

*New ones that we are trying:

Bomas
Spoodles
Maya Grill
Crystal Palace
Prime Time Cafe

We were at WDW last week on the DDP. None of our meals were bad and I would return to all of the places.

The worst place we ate at IMO was Toy Story Pizza Planet. We only used 1 CS credit there...I let the kids split a meal because they both like the way the place looked. I guess it was ok, but just another kid's pizza place.

The places we'll be returning to during the free dining:
Coral Reef (I thought it was an incredible value for 1 TC. Our server was was great and the food was delicious)
Crystal Palace (Our favorite meal of the trip)
Cosmic Rays (CS)
Flame Tree BBQ (CS)

New places we'll be trying:
Le Cellier
Chef Mickey's dinner
Whispering Canyon
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner Package

I am sooo excited to get to take advantage of the free dining plan. I got my Dmom and Dsister to go and they have never been to WDW before! :teeth:

Even though these were not on the dining plan, I really enjoyed with the kids:
1900 Park Fare (breakfast and dinner)
Chef Mickey's (dinner)
and especially Crystal palace (breakfast)
Hollywood and Vine (Fantasmic dinner package)
HDDR

Since it is an all adult trip, we are going to try some new things that are not the character buffets.
Ones that we will be doing on the free dining this time:
HDDR (My mom will LOVE this!)
Le Cellier
Chefs de France
Sci-fi
Ohana's (or maybe California Grill)
Boma's (might switch this to another, from what I have read--- I am a picky eater....)
Mama Melrose's for the fantasmic dinner package

What does everyone think as a first time to WDW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter