For those who have dined at Jiko

Salf777

Mouseketeer
So my trip is next week and I always look at the menus for where I’m going. I have seen a load of vloggers say the filet is one of the best on property. I also personally love a short rib. For those who have eaten there what’s better filet or short rib?

Both are terrific. I'd say pick whichever you are most likely to NOT be able to get elsewhere. I know I can order a filet at several locations here at home, but short ribs? Not so much, so that's what I'd go for (unless I really wanted the filet, day-of!)

Both are terrific. I'd say pick whichever you are most likely to NOT be able to get elsewhere. I know I can order a filet at several locations here at home, but short ribs? Not so much, so that's what I'd go for (unless I really wanted the filet, day-of!)

IMO filet is a tender but otherwise pedestrian cut. the short rib is more likely to be a unique creative dish, and having had a bite of it last week, can confirm it's excellent.

Have had both and loved both in the past. This spring, had the wild boar for appetizer and the lamb for my entree and both were amazing!

While both are excellent, you can get filet (with various sauces) at any deluxe restaurant. I'd go with the short rib.

IMO filet is a tender but otherwise pedestrian cut. the short rib is more likely to be a unique creative dish, and having had a bite of it last week, can confirm it's excellent.
Yes. Completely agree. Filet in general is overrated. Short rib is much better for flavor.

Can you still get that Mac & cheese that comes with the filet if I order short rib? I also heard that’s amazing

Don’t neglect other items on the menu. I have had a great fish a couple of times, but they change often. The sauces and sides are often surprising. A couple of years ago, I had there a meat (elk?) with a cacoa sauce, veggies and… a peach! Was amazing!

Appetizers are master pieces. The soup is generally excellent and surprising too (it also changes often).

Among the sides, bobotie is also a pasta with cheeses (4), meats, and spices. Absolutely delightful but very filling.

And the wines!!

And the cozy atmosphere!!

Hi sorry to bother all one other question
are nice dark jeans, a button down shirt and proper shoes acceptable for Jiko? I mean the jeans of course

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter