For those who have stayed at Paradise Pier lately…

We just returned from a 5 night stay at PP. We had not stayed there before and we liked it just fine. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Of course the room is outdated but the beds were very comfortable. The only construction sounds we heard were from the pool area.

The entrance to DCA was great. We never saw anyone else using it. I’m going to guess we were just lucky. We did use it for EE and thought that worked well.

We used the Grand to get to DTD. The wait for bag check got pretty long for EE. We waited 30 minutes to get through security. Our room key let us through the gate leading up to the hotel entrance. We never used the pool so can’t comment on that.

I felt like PP felt very low key compared to the hustle and bustle of the Grand!

I personally prefer the PPH over the DLH. Rooms are nice sized and if you can score a Theme Park view which is over half the Hotel and a lot of standard rooms get upgraded to it is hands down the best view of all three resort hotels IMO.

Good:
-Early entry was awesome
-Entrance into DCA was nice
-Not too far a walk to DL going through Grand Californian
-View into DCA was really nice
-Service was good
-Felt like we were in the Disney bubble
-Room was comfortable and quiet

Bad:
-No onsite food options (but we ate at DLH and in the parks)
-Pool is kind of sad
-Lobby was closed for construction
-Occasional waits for the elevator (but not as bad as we had heard about)
-Park view room was almost as much a standard room at DLH (and more than what we paid for GCH the year before) - would have much rather stayed at those places if they were available and similar cost
-Farther walk than the closest Harbor hotels at higher cost
-We couldn't get Wifi to work in our room for our whole stay, front desk wasn't helpful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter