For those who live in Florida.....about Hurricane Michelle

violet13

Mouseketeer
We are supposed to leave tomorrow and drive 18 hours to get to Orlando with 4 children, ages 4months, 3, 4 and 11. I am soooooooo worried about this Hurricane Michelle causing RAIN, RAIN, RAIN and/or toooo much wind, possibly small tornados. We only have ONE chance to make this BIG trip....if we go now and it's a disaster, I will only regret it. We CAN wait and plan again for April 2002. HELP......If this Hurricane comes to Florida and it's beaches....how long will it stay around ...a day, 2 days.. I need advice QUICK.. Thanks!!

Hi! I just checked Accuweather (you can check for yourself)- the forecast says sunny, clouds, windy, "few showers" on one day, then after the weekend it looks like sunshine. Also, when there is a hurricane it pulls all the "bad weahter" to it, so all around it, it's beautiful. It might work in your favor. It doesn't look bad at all to me. Pack for all kinds of weather, because the temps are all over the place!!!

We ended up canceling, planning to go in April 2002, didn't lose a dime to cancel, got the same hotel Suite price too. We wanted to visit the Beach and this hurricane would have prevented a pleasant walk on the beach for the kids, I figured. But thanks for your reply.
What's the weather like in April...does it rain alot..like the saying goes....April Showers bring MAy flowers???? I think I better invest in a stoller covering before then.

You can check Deb Wills site for weather info. It should give you the rain chance for that time of year. November really is the best time to go-it's just that we got this hurricane so late in the season, which rarely ever happens. The season ends on Nov 30. 8 days and counting!!!!
Deb's site is wdwig.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter