For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

Have you considered joining the Alamo Insiders program (it’s free)? Then link your Costco reservation to your Insider account using the Alamo confirmation number that is included in the Costco confirmation email. With the Insider account, you can check-in online and choose the skip the counter/kiosk option, go directly to the reserved aisle in the garage (at participating airport locations, includes MCO), pick a car, and present your paperwork, driver license, and credit card at the check-out booth, and head on your way. No counter, no kiosk, very efficient and allows you to see what’s available on the aisle. Some renters hold reservations for both a Standard car and a minivan or SUV, see what’s available when they arrive, and then check in online from their phone right in the garage for the one they want to use. You can use an electronic bar code on your phone for the skip the counter verification, so you don’t have to have a printed copy.

I’m an insider, but I always thought I still needed to have the paperwork so I usually just stop at the kiosk and print it. I can just show them my phone instead, and I don’t have to have any actual paperwork?

Have you considered joining the Alamo Insiders program (it’s free)? Then link your Costco reservation to your Insider account using the Alamo confirmation number that is included in the Costco confirmation email. With the Insider account, you can check-in online and choose the skip the counter/kiosk option, go directly to the reserved aisle in the garage (at participating airport locations, includes MCO), pick a car, and present your paperwork, driver license, and credit card at the check-out booth, and head on your way. No counter, no kiosk, very efficient and allows you to see what’s available on the aisle. Some renters hold reservations for both a Standard car and a minivan or SUV, see what’s available when they arrive, and then check in online from their phone right in the garage for the one they want to use. You can use an electronic bar code on your phone for the skip the counter verification, so you don’t have to have a printed copy.

i'm not alamo insider, but i always do skip the counter/skip the kiosk and go straight to the parking lot to pick my car....it's an option when you do the online check in...

I’m an insider, but I always thought I still needed to have the paperwork so I usually just stop at the kiosk and print it. I can just show them my phone instead, and I don’t have to have any actual paperwork?
you check in online before you leave for your trip and print out the documentation from your computer..
even though it turns out i've never needed it...the check out person at the exit when you drive out? that person prints out new docs...

Re: Alamo at MCO... I'm reading that the B side is currently closed for Alamo, is this correct?

Also, remind me which category of vehicle has no isle at MCO... is it standard?

Re: Alamo at MCO... I'm reading that the B side is currently closed for Alamo, is this correct?

The B side is closed for all rental car companies. Everything is on terminal A side. And correct. There is no standard aisle so you get auto upgraded to full size.

Anyone see minivans on full-size aisle lately? Arriving tomorrow! We’ve had luck the last 2 years, but I know things may have changed.

Hot tip: book a one way from MCO to Disney Car Car as the drop off point the day after everyone has returned from a holiday vacation and you can score half priced rentals, Of course they're cheap because very few folk are arriving that day :)

Thank you!

I rented at end of February so I am sure there are more recent renters out there. Arriving around noon on a Saturday gave us no choices for a car. We had to wait for a car to be available (mid size SUV) and you had to take it. Honestly we were just glad they had a car and we had the direct to the garage paperwork.

We arrived on around 5 pm Tuesday, but stayed at an airport hotel that night. At 8:30 am the next day, the car rental counters were empty and Alamo was fully stocked with cars. We skipped the counter and rented a midsize SUV, a RAV4. For comparison, we rented earlier this month in Houston and there were maybe 8 cars total available in 3-4 sizes.

I arrived around 11:45 am on Sat, 4/10. Most of the lines were long except Alamo's. I had linked my Costco reservation and done everything for skip the counter and walked right out to the midsize section. There were several midsize cars, but there were also a couple of minivans and a truck. There were only 7-8 cars in the row and there were 4 of us claiming cars, but they were turning cars over very quickly.

I will be renting a vehicle on 5/7 and arriving around 6pm. If I remember , I will post what kind of cars there are. Hopefully there will be some to choose from.

Last edited:
I will be renting a vehicle on 5/7 and arriving around 6pm. If I remember , I will post what kind of cars there are. Hopefully there will be some to choose from.

Please do! Curious to know what they have for luxury for our trip coming up in a few weeks.

I bumped this thread, so here sis my report. We arrived 4/23 at 7:30pm. I used UT so I had to go to the counter, and was done in less than 20 minutes. There were 4 mini vans and about 4-5 regular full size cars. Hope this helps!

I bumped this thread, so here sis my report. We arrived 4/23 at 7:30pm. I used UT so I had to go to the counter, and was done in less than 20 minutes. There were 4 mini vans and about 4-5 regular full size cars. Hope this helps!

I will be picking up my UT-booked car from Avis (sorry for thread hijack) in a couple of weeks at 3:00 pm. It was reassuring to hear that at least some evening pick-ups are being handled without issues. My hope is that the majors are starting to address the car supply problem and maybe things are getting better at last.

I will be picking up my UT-booked car from Avis (sorry for thread hijack) in a couple of weeks at 3:00 pm. It was reassuring to hear that at least some evening pick-ups are being handled without issues. My hope is that the majors are starting to address the car supply problem and maybe things are getting better at last.
Fingers crossed we're all going to have that new car smell to experience as they replenish their stock. With the 50th approaching quite quickly (only 5 months out now) I'm expecting the isles to be full by the end of August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter