For those who've stayed in basic standard rooms at Pop Century with NO requests.....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
What building were you placed in? Were you really far from the main pool and transportation, etc? I'm leaning towards Pop for my next trip. I'm pretty sure I'll pay for a preferred room by the Hippy Dippy pool. I just want to hear what others have done. What building would you recommend, not recommend?

I did a standard view last trip and whenI got the room notification, I got building 8. I called the number and asked if there was anything closer and that I didn’t care about the view, just something a little closer to either the skyliner or main building. They said they wouod check and would call back. After about 10 minutes, they called and I got building 3 with a view of the lake. I was happy with that.

I've stayed at Pop twice in standard rooms with no requests. I can't remember the specific building numbers I was in, but the first time they put us in the 60's section, which is the closest to the main pool and lobby, and the second time they put us in the 50's section which was also close to everything. I think we just got lucky to be put there, but if I were to stay there again I would request either of those sections.

We have been put in the 60's, 70's and 80's building. I also never feel like the walk is to far and have never thought of paying preferred, there really is no need unless you have health issues. We almost changed our room when we were in the 80's section, but man did it make unloading and loading our van so much easier, since we were closer to the parking lot. LOL We now always put in a request for a room facing hourglass lake.

80s and 90s. While they're far from the Skyliner, they're pretty close to the buses if you walk along the parking lot. It's quiet out there. I like it.

I've gotten buildings 9 and 7 when I didn't make requests. I liked building 9. When I was there, building 7 had weak cellphone and wifi reception, but I believe they've improved things since then (2018).

Are you asking the odds of you being placed out in the furthest rooms or what it is like to be out in the furthest rooms?

Expect to be placed in the furthest building and not to be able to request a better room. If you’re not ok with that, pay for a preferred or preferred pool room. Note viewing the Hippy Dippy Pool will mean you get all the pool noises during the day. I like those rooms for my 1 night stays but I would not want it if I wanted a chance at quiet afternoon breaks.

Touring Plans has a very easy to use map here that shows where different room types are available

Are you asking the odds of you being placed out in the furthest rooms or what it is like to be out in the furthest rooms?
Both I guess. When I'm finally able to make it back to WDW in a couple years or so, it's going to cost several thousand dollars. With me spending that much, what's a little more for a preferred room? If it was just me doing a solo trip, I'd book a standard room and wouldn't care where I was placed. But I know my youngest will definitely be with me and would love the Hippy Dippy pool. We're not really ones that nap during the day.

Pop is a blast. If you don't mind a little noise, may as well be in the thick of it. But be warned: Your kid may want to spend the whole trip on the skyliner!
Uh oh, I didn't think of that. It doesn't help that I'm afraid of heights when there's a lot of open space around me. The fear isn't bad enough to prevent me from staying at Pop or using the Skyliner. I can just see it now...I'm on the Skyliner and it breaks down. Lol

When I made no requests in a standard we were in a room in 80s or 90s that we didn't love. When we booked a standard on a different trip and asked to be near the lobby we had a great room in the 60s. Definitely worth asking.

Our family just did a visit over to POP and AOA the other day. Family wanted to ride the skyliner. We were staying at the POLY and being back there reminded me of how much fun those 2 resorts are. Our family really enjoyed POP because of the access to both of the quick service restaurants you can go to and the Skyliner.

We spend 3-4 weeks in December every year at Disney resorts usually splitting our time between a couple resorts. For the last 4 years we have been staying in deluxe and for 2024 will be returning back to POP for at least 1 week. If you have children these resorts are perfect.

We've stayed twice in the past (over ten years ago!) and were in the 50s section, bldg 1 and bldg 3 and they both seemed pretty close to everything for us! I requested the 50s for our upcoming trip.

My stay last year I got building 9. Ended up being a great location for the bus, not so great for the skyliner. I had requested a ground floor room and really wished I would have gotten that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter