For those with Cruises after May 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
For us, this was a grad gift for our kids out of grad school. It it highly inlikely we could round them both up next year -at the same time - for a new cruise.

I expect that the FFC offer will get extended.

Most employers will allow time off to new employees for vacations that are booked before employment begins. Assuming your kids have not yet accepted a position somewhere already I wouldnt assume that you can all get together next year. And even if they have accepted positions somewhere, I'd expect some flexibility with this much notice, its certainly worth asking IMO. Unless the itinerary requires you to travel at the same time of year as this cruise you might be able to travel a bit earlier which, depending on the kids fields might be better. At least talk to your kids about these options and see if they are comfortable in asking so you know all of your options when the time comes to make the decision. I wish you luck (and congrats to the 2 grads!).

What are your thoughts on having insurance just for the hurricanes? Say you normally don't travel with insurance because you are a gambler but you are cruising during hurricane season now (september) If a hurricane hits the world and they close, Disney takes the brunt of the money loss and you never really needed insurance, but what about a cruise? Thoughts?

To start another thread ... We have an Alaska cruise set to leave 6/1. We have to fly through Toronto onto Vancouver. We do have Disney insurance (that is another whole story) and booked through Disney Air. Our overall cruise is around $15K. If I understand everything since we are aleady PIF, we will only get back 75% of this total cost if we cancel? Is that the current state with all of the DCL updates?

Any insights on what you are going to do?

Thanks~
Wait til Disney officially cancels and you can get a refund d or 125% cruise credit.

The CDC just extended their directive on cruising. No one has to worry about cruising for quite a while. Sad, but understandable. :sad::sail:

Our Fantasy 7 night Western is on 6/20. DCL just amended their cancellation policy for Dream and Fantasy for sailings May 18th - May 31st to receive 100% cruise credit for future sailings. Our drop dead cancellation date before hitting 50% penalty is April 25th. DCL at this point should just let us cancel or re-book without penalties. I don't mind just receiving 100% cruise credit for a future cruise, but hitting us with cancellation penalties seems like a low blow.

We are on that cruise too, just waiting on the cancel for our full refund. Our flights have already been cancelled so we got that refund already.

I haven't even cancelled flights yet, but will. Also 2 day rooms at the Hyatt MCO

I know waiting is really hard, but I don’t think you need to worry. It will be canceled and you will be refunded.

I know.....I just hate loose ends. Have a WDW trip too. May 2, so it has not been cancelled yet.
Still waiting for my Cirque tickets to be put on a December trip, but no word on that so far.

Our Fantasy 7 night Western is on 6/20. DCL just amended their cancellation policy for Dream and Fantasy for sailings May 18th - May 31st to receive 100% cruise credit for future sailings. Our drop dead cancellation date before hitting 50% penalty is April 25th. DCL at this point should just let us cancel or re-book without penalties. I don't mind just receiving 100% cruise credit for a future cruise, but hitting us with cancellation penalties seems like a low blow.

I agree 100%. There is absolutely no reason not to extend the flexible rebooking (rebook penalty free) to all June sailings regardless of embarkation ports. The initial announcement that included sailings through May 31 was made in early March, so the same policy should now be extended to include more sailings a month later. Plus, some of the July & August sailings have had their PIF postponed 30 days. Hence, it's really those sailing in June (except the Alaska/Hawaii and likely European ones) have been stuck in limbo.

LAX

Well Carnival announced today, that all of their cruises are cancelled through June 26th. Guess it's now a waiting game to see if DCL cancels our June 20th sailing.

Last edited:
We also have a June sailing. Right now we have until April 18 to cancel and just lose the deposit. After that we go into the 50% penalty phase. I really don’t see how cruises will be sailing in June. There is so much uncertainty right now.

We also have a June sailing. Right now we have until April 18 to cancel and just lose the deposit. After that we go into the 50% penalty phase. I really don’t see how cruises will be sailing in June. There is so much uncertainty right now.
Kind of in the same boat with you. I have until April 25th. Our family will sail on DCL in the future. There's no doubt about that. This would have been our third cruise. It just peeves me that we're getting penalized.

Well, I called DCL today and canceled out 6/20 Western Caribbean cruise. Cast member picked up right away. Explained to me at this she does not have any information on future cancellations. Our 50% penalty is still in effect if I did not cancel by Friday. I asked her if what I read here on Disboard was true, that if DCL cancels our cruise, I would be refunded our cancellation penalty. She said as of right now, that is correct. She told me refunds are likely to be 60days out. I told her I wasn't necessarily looking for a refund. I would be ok if they held my funds as credit for the next cruise. She said that wasn't possible. Accounting will be in touch about issuing refunds since I made some payments with Disney gift cards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter