Forget Mayan Calender 2012 prediction...

John VN

N.Y. STYLE CHEESECAKE RULES!!!
A friend just alerted me this morning about May 21, 2011. :scared1:

That's 2 weeks :scared1::scared1:

Don't worry, lol. It is something put out by FamilyRadio.com (which I know nothing about, BTW) but it is some sort of ploy to get people to listen to their message or something. The Bible tells us NO ONE knows the time or day of the Second Coming of Christ.

I think they think they have some sort of formula to do the calculations to get this date. Uh, no. lol Oh, I see they are saying it is 7,000 years since God destroyed the world with flood (Noah), lol. Okey-dokey, then.

I'd plan on paying the house payment that month. :) But, one could plan a party for the night before if one would like. :)

Oh my! I just went to their website and looked at their homepage. I stay away from doom and gloom like this, while I believe there will be a Second Coming someday, I do not pretend to know when or believe anyone (or website) can tell us when either. I think this site is forgetting the Bible says "He will come as a thief in the night." No one knows when a thief is showing up, they don't usually call and tell you. ;)

There's an 'end of the world' date every year......usually never with actual proof :confused3, which is why I never give notice to them anymore.

There's nothing factual about setting a date for the "end of the world." And its defiantely not Biblical, despite what some people will try to claim. But the PP who mentioned a party had a good idea :goodvibes.

I saw a van absolutely plastered with May 21 junk at Animal Kingdom several months ago. I wonder what he's going to do with it on May 22!

A group has actually paid to have posters put up in the DC Metro stations warning that 5/21/11 is the end of the world. :sad2:

oh my, oh my! lol

I just read through this man's reasoning (evidently he thought this might happen in 1994? also) and see that he is very sure there will be a great earth quake that day. My niece graduates from college that day and my divorcing sister and her DH will be at the graduation together. There actually could be some sort of earthquake happening, lol.

BTW, my dad told me he heard a radio interview with this man on Wednesday, and the man said that the world might not ACTUALLY end on May 21, it might take 6 months, but May 21 is "the beginning of the end." So that's good news - I still get to go on my May 26 cruise! :laughing:

I just hope the followers don't do anything too foolish with their jobs, finances, etc.

A group has actually paid to have posters put up in the DC Metro stations warning that 5/21/11 is the end of the world. :sad2:

There's a huge billboard on the main avenue in my neighborhood, too. :laughing:

Might not be the end of the whole world but it's when the Mississippi is expected to flood many sections of Louisiana as it has other places. For many, it will be the end of the world as they've known it. 10-30 ft of water will obliterate homes and livliehoods. Hopefully, people will heed the warnings and leave. We will more than likely lose our weekend home but we are so much luckier than those who will lose their family home.

Is the world supposed to end that day too?
That's my nephew's Confirmation. I'll be in St.Louis.
I'd much prefer the world to end while I am home, so can that date be changed?

We were driving through NC a couple of weeks ago and saw a billboard that said Judgement Day is May 21, 2011. The Bible GUARANTEES it!
So I say to my husband, wow, look at that-guaranteed by the Bible-Judgement Day is coming. ;)
My 11 year old daughter asks, What's Judgement Day?
My 9 year old son pipes up: Judgement Day? Oh, that's from The Terminator.
:lmao:

So beware of Schwarzenegger.

Well, gee. I hope it occurs after 1PM. My son is graduating from Dental School and it would be a waste of a great dress and pair of heels, if it doesn't happen before the world ends!

Should I return them now?

Edie

Yep, we have those billboards up here too and I'm not even in the US.:rolleyes:

Wow, I wonder where they are getting the funding to advertise so heavily?

Might not be the end of the whole world but it's when the Mississippi is expected to flood many sections of Louisiana as it has other places. For many, it will be the end of the world as they've known it. 10-30 ft of water will obliterate homes and livliehoods. Hopefully, people will heed the warnings and leave. We will more than likely lose our weekend home but we are so much luckier than those who will lose their family home.
That's so sad. I saw where a man was trying to save his house further to the north with sandbags and water pumps but it seemed so impossible.

Harold Camping has never taught correctly. He's predicted before and as usual, it came and went (I put the whole prediction of 2012 in that category as well). Anyway, his voice really annoys me to no end. Besides, "No one knows the day or the hour...."

Is the world supposed to end that day too?
That's my nephew's Confirmation. I'll be in St.Louis.
I'd much prefer the world to end while I am home, so can that date be changed?

Well, being in church might bode well for you if it does turn out to be Judgement Day :thumbsup2.

Well, gee. I hope it occurs after 1PM. My son is graduating from Dental School and it would be a waste of a great dress and pair of heels, if it doesn't happen before the world ends!

Should I return them now?

Edie

Dress? Shoes?? Crap, what about the money to pay for Dental School that you could have used for Disney trips had you known :lmao:

Ok, so has this group pointed to specific information in the Bible that says this is the end--just curious? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter