Forgot how nice SSR is...

culli

DIS Veteran
It has been a few years since we stayed here and got to say what an awesome resort. Easy access to DTD, beautiful resort and great pools, love the decor and condo style layout.

It has been a few years since we stayed here and got to say what an awesome resort. Easy access to DTD, beautiful resort and great pools, love the decor and condo style layout.

I agree its a nice hotel, the only downside is it is so large :)

jlwhitney said:
I agree its a nice hotel, the only downside is it is so large :)

Yes it is but it has the amenities to support it. Not sure why people bang on it for being big, each area within SSR has its own little resort feel with access to all the larger resort amenities.

Except for our treehouse stays, we only book SSR sort of at the last minute. However, it is also very true that we have thoroughly enjoyed every single one of those stays. We've a 2 night stay there coming up in May! Because of what we want to do, it was our first choice!

SSR is our second choice of resorts after BWV (and maybe BCV if we ever stay there). We love walking to DTD and I find the resort to be very serene!

Nice to hear a compliment about SSR. I own there and love the serene feeling as well. Nice break at the end of a busy parks day.

I have to add that I really enjoyed our last one night stay there. We own there and have been trying out all the other resorts for the last few years after our initial stay, but I think I'll book our long stay there next time. The trees have grown and all the buildings are complete (we bought quite a long time ago.) It is very peaceful and beautiful. I think SSR and OKW are great if you need to park your car.

Shhhhhhh, dont tell everyone that it will be harder to get rooms there. lol. I love that the golf course is there too.

SSR has grown on me through the years - enjoy it so much. I like all the green space and walking paths. I actually had the chance to trade into AKV through RCI and chose to wait for SSR instead.

After my stay in Dec. I think it might be my new favorite. I found everything from the service to the grounds to be lovely. I also find the "original" - OKW and SSR to be so much more relaxing than any of the other resorts.

It is nice that they are trying to improve SSR instead of just leaving it as is so to speak. Addition of the new pool, tree houses and a fresh DTD will make it even nicer. One thing that will never change is the size so it will always bring negative comments due to this aspect.

We are staying there in May over Memorial Day weekend. Have two boys so we want to spend lots of time in the park. Where is the best place to stay on site? Proximity to buses to the parks is a must.

It is nice that they are trying to improve SSR instead of just leaving it as is so to speak. Addition of the new pool, tree houses and a fresh DTD will make it even nicer. One thing that will never change is the size so it will always bring negative comments due to this aspect.

I will never understand why there is this idea out there that the size is a negative! Unlike most of the DVC resorts, you get to park your car close to your room, and every area has its own bus stop. The openness of the resort indeed allows one to relax after a crowded day in the parks.

SSR is a great place to walk around. We love just taking a walk in the morning around the resort. I think if I were taking a break from the parks, SSR would be my choice.

I really enjoyed our stay at SSR in August 2012. It is a beautiful resort. I wish all DVC resorts had the coat rack on the wall as you enter the villa. It was a great place for our lanyards, hats, bags and backpack and would be good for jackets as well. It was nice knowing everything was in one place.

And the thing I liked the best as the ability to walk around resort. We found ourselves taking walks to different areas each day. And I know there is more for to explore.

We are at SS right now. It's our first visit to the resort and we are enjoying the experience. Our villa is the Springs section. It's very convenient to the pool, bus stop and DTD. The bus service has been great this trip. I am glad we finally tried SS.

We like the "condo" feel too. We have no problems with SSR. I don't see why people dislike so much. But then again I often have a renal

One of the reasons we bought at SSR and love to stay there is because of how quiet it is. When we leave the parks at the end of the day we like to go somewhere serene and quiet for our resort. That's probably why AKV and SSR are where we own and most love to stay. I love staying at the Grandstand, such a nice walk to the main building and great spot on the bus loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter