Forgot how nice SSR is...

I couldn't agree more! We just spent three nights there and were so pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the Congress Park section which was so quiet. You didn't even know there were other people around. The availablity of a bus stop right in our area made things so easy. We did not get a chance to walk to DTD but it would have have been a nice, quick walk.

Looking forward to our stay at SSR in October. I chose this resort for our Columbus day weekend trip since we have PAP's and the boys (DH & DS) will love the close proximity to DTD for coming and going to DisneyQuest.

SSR is, hands down, our favorite resort. With the tree house section, it's almost like having two home resorts in one. Our points are aligning this year in such a way that we won't have an SSR stay this use year. That's unheard of for us, as SSR has always been at least one of our two weeks. (Maybe I'll try to sneak in a long weekend in the fall.)

I've never had a problem with the resort's size. People make it sound as if it's so large you can't get from one area to another. It's not. It's a lovely walk from any section to the Carriage House. And if you don't want to walk, you can always hop on a bus. The size makes room availability easy to find, it keeps maintenance fees reasonable becase costs are spread over more points, and it provides both enough room and enough of a customer base for a wide variety of recreational ammenities. For example, the number and variety of themed pools. Also, compare VWL's one lonely BBQ grill on the beach to SSR's 3 dedicated picnic areas with multiple grills and tables at each.

People also often complain about transportation at SSR. I continue to argue that it has the best transportation, as it's consistently good for all parks. Other DVC resorts have great access to one or two parks, but terrible transportation to other destinations. For example, I absolutely love walking right into Epcot when we're staying at BCV. But, OMG, getting to MK and AK from there is awful.

We are staying there in May over Memorial Day weekend. Have two boys so we want to spend lots of time in the park. Where is the best place to stay on site? Proximity to buses to the parks is a must.
Check out this post on the SSR Owners & Lovers thread. FAQ #4 has a list of pros and cons for each section. You can use this as a tool to help decide which section best fits your family's preferences.

I love to see posts like yours OP! We have loved SSR for years!!! We first stayed there on developer points and fell in love so much we added on a contract there! Last summer I just couldn't stay away and cancelled BCV for SSR which a lot of people would think is NUTS! :thumbsup2

i think that at one time the size of SSR was a disadvantage but the addition of pools, the beauty of the resort and the proximity to DTD have made up for the one time disadvantage.

You called? :rotfl2:

I agree with all. My family will not let me book any where else. My early 20's kids and in-laws love the close proximity to DTD (and with the Springs in the future, makes it even better). My wife and I like the quiet peacefulness after a day in the parks. We also love the walking. Great exercise and plenty to see.

I love to see posts like yours OP! We have loved SSR for years!!! We first stayed there on developer points and fell in love so much we added on a contract there! Last summer I just couldn't stay away and cancelled BCV for SSR which a lot of people would think is NUTS! :thumbsup2

Just to show I put my money where my mouth is we are staying in Aug for 2 weeks. Love the pools, will have a vehicle. Being that we go enough we don't do much park time anyway.

Will be staying there in a little over a week and was very happy to get the reservation with only 3 weeks notice. Could have had Kidani but really like being close to DTD since it will be a solo trip after the first night. DH will be there first day and then leaves. Having all the options for eating and stores to explore will be a definite benefit. Bought my points there presale and have never regretted it. The bus service has always been good and the different pools offer choices of bustling activity or nice and quiet.

SSR is, hands down, our favorite resort. With the tree house section, it's almost like having two home resorts in one. Our points are aligning this year in such a way that we won't have an SSR stay this use year. That's unheard of for us, as SSR has always been at least one of our two weeks. (Maybe I'll try to sneak in a long weekend in the fall.)

I've never had a problem with the resort's size. People make it sound as if it's so large you can't get from one area to another. It's not. It's a lovely walk from any section to the Carriage House. And if you don't want to walk, you can always hop on a bus. The size makes room availability easy to find, it keeps maintenance fees reasonable becase costs are spread over more points, and it provides both enough room and enough of a customer base for a wide variety of recreational ammenities. For example, the number and variety of themed pools. Also, compare VWL's one lonely BBQ grill on the beach to SSR's 3 dedicated picnic areas with multiple grills and tables at each.

People also often complain about transportation at SSR. I continue to argue that it has the best transportation, as it's consistently good for all parks. Other DVC resorts have great access to one or two parks, but terrible transportation to other destinations. For example, I absolutely love walking right into Epcot when we're staying at BCV. But, OMG, getting to MK and AK from there is awful.

Completely and totally agree. Based on mileage from SSR to all 4 parks it is one of the most centrally located, making access to all parks easy.

I love the pools, the landscaping and of course the Spa. They have some of the nice Cast Members too.

We have never had a bad stay here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter