FORGOT MY 1 YEAR OLD in our BOG Reservation!!!!!

AndrilysM19

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I made reservation for BOG for lunch and since my 1 year old is categories as an infant i didn't think i needed to add her to our party since she doesn't pay for an ticket. Now am FREAKING out since now i called customer service and there is no space to add her to our reservation!

Should i just go and see if a CM could accommodate us and squeeze her in with a high chair even thought is a party for 2 or should i just cancel my reservation?

Has this happen to anyone?

PLEASE HELP i would not want to cancel my reservation since its our first time!

Thank you

As you were told on the telephone, she needs to be on all ADR's whether she is an infant or not. It is an issue with total occupancy and fire codes.
They may or may not admit you if you show up with an "extra". It will depend on the CM, the day, the time of year, the crowds. It is iffy. If it is dinner and y ou are turned away, you will be charged the $10/person no show fee.
Keep trying. Folks do cancel all the time, right up to the night before.
Good Luck

Don't cancel - they will likely be able to accomodate you. We have added on up to two people three different times. They were very kind about it. BOG had a lot of space and a lot of space.

If it makes you feel better keep looking for an ADR that is for 3 or even 4, grab that and then cancel your other one. If you don't get it, ask when you check in.

Liz

As you were told on the telephone, she needs to be on all ADR's whether she is an infant or not. It is an issue with total occupancy and fire codes.
They may or may not admit you if you show up with an "extra". It will depend on the CM, the day, the time of year, the crowds. It is iffy. If it is dinner and y ou are turned away, you will be charged the $10/person no show fee.
Keep trying. Folks do cancel all the time, right up to the night before.
Good Luck

Thank you, I will Keep on Trying! :)

Don't cancel - they will likely be able to accomodate you. We have added on up to two people three different times. They were very kind about it. BOG had a lot of space and a lot of space.

If it makes you feel better keep looking for an ADR that is for 3 or even 4, grab that and then cancel your other one. If you don't get it, ask when you check in.

Liz

Thanks for the reply, I will do both keep the reservation and keep looking to see if i see another.

Keep trying for the 3rd. Also if you keep the reservation know that it is well with in their right to say sorry we can't accommodate the extra person. For 1 a high chair on a 2 top may not fit and if it does it may protrude into the walk ways that must stay clear for fire code and ease of service. On top of that if you are there during the holiday major crowds the restaurant could be at capacity and so one body even a toddler body would push it over fire code.

I will say I have had extra people turned away from Be Our Guest before. That and the Plaza are so far the only two places that have. Thankfully they were understanding adults who were capable of going and eating somewhere else while those of us on the reservations enjoyed our meal.

I was also going to recommend making another reservation for 1 within 10 minutes, either direction, of the first reservation if you are able to get it. That gives BOG accurate head counts for fire code purposes, and you get the peace of mind of knowing that everyone will be allowed in.

Keep trying for the 3rd. Also if you keep the reservation know that it is well with in their right to say sorry we can't accommodate the extra person. For 1 a high chair on a 2 top may not fit and if it does it may protrude into the walk ways that must stay clear for fire code and ease of service. On top of that if you are there during the holiday major crowds the restaurant could be at capacity and so one body even a toddler body would push it over fire code.

I will say I have had extra people turned away from Be Our Guest before. That and the Plaza are so far the only two places that have. Thankfully they were understanding adults who were capable of going and eating somewhere else while those of us on the reservations enjoyed our meal.

Thank you if anything i will just pay the $20

I was also going to recommend making another reservation for 1 within 10 minutes, either direction, of the first reservation if you are able to get it. That gives BOG accurate head counts for fire code purposes, and you get the peace of mind of knowing that everyone will be allowed in.

Thanks i was actually trying to do that in the APP but it didn't work i would have to cancel the one i initially have to add the new one.

Is that something that i would have to call customer services for?

Thanks i was actually trying to do that in the APP but it didn't work i would have to cancel the one i initially have to add the new one.

I have two MDE accounts, with one in my daughters name. I have needed to do this because at least a few ties during our trips we go our separate ways and I can only book one ADR in my own name. Set one up in you DH name and make the second ADR if one comes available, in his name

I have two MDE accounts, with one in my daughters name. I have needed to do this because at least a few ties during our trips we go our separate ways and I can only book one ADR in my own name. Set one up in you DH name and make the second ADR if one comes available, in his name

You don't need 2 accounts. I booked CRT for myself and my daughter and Crystal Palace for my husband and son and I've only got one account.

You have a much better chance at lunch than at dinner. I think it's likely you will find a reservation for a party of one.

I have also seen one instance in which there was no available seat, but the restaurant was not at max capacity, and a family was able to bring in their baby as a "lap guest."

If no reservation is available, the best idea would be to be prepared to be told no, and to be pleasantly surprised, rather than the other way around. :)

Last time we got a BOG reservation it was for 2 people and we ended up having an additional person. I checked in about 15 to 20 minutes early and the CM was able to accommodate us without a problem. It's always good to try and get a new ADR if you can though. If you're a member of Touring Plans they will search for reservations for you. I've gotten a couple BOG ADRs from there.

Last time we got a BOG reservation it was for 2 people and we ended up having an additional person. I checked in about 15 to 20 minutes early and the CM was able to accommodate us without a problem. It's always good to try and get a new ADR if you can though. If you're a member of Touring Plans they will search for reservations for you. I've gotten a couple BOG ADRs from there.

Perfect i will try the Touring Plans. Thanks. Was the restaurant full when you went?

Yes, just call Disney Dining and they will be able to give you the reservation for 1 without having to go thru the trouble of creating additional accounts or stalking the ADRs online. If it's available, the CM can easily do it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter