Formal Night Opt Out

NightGuardianAngel

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there is alternative dining on Disney Cruise ships that allow causal street clothing (including shorts and where you can dress like you are dining at McDonald's) on formal nights for those who want to opt out of dressing up? I feel like being on vacation means being comfortable.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is alternative dining on Disney Cruise ships that allow causal street clothing (including shorts and where you can dress like you are dining at McDonald's) on formal nights for those who want to opt out of dressing up? I feel like being on vacation means being comfortable.
Dress as you please with casual clothing. Formal night is completely optional. The only dining on a Disney cruise where you can't wear shorts and a T-shirt are Palo, Remy, and Enchante. I love to dress up on formal nights, but that is just me. I have no problem at all if someone is sitting near me wearing a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. Just as long as that shirt is not a Pittsburgh Steelers or Michigan Wolverine shirt. :rotfl2:

No need to dress differently for formal night. On my most recent cruises at least on the Wish there was no alternative for the MDR besides the specialty dining during dinner. Someone else can correct me but from memory (not great) most of the counter service stations close at 6:00 pm and do not remember which ones reopen. I think pizza but not sure of what else. The buffet is not open for dinner.

Formal night optional Dress as you would like. There is also room service if you would rather not go to the dinning rooms. Other options require more formal clothing. You won;t be out of place, everyone does their own thing. Enjoy your cruise!

There’s formal night on 7 night or more cruising. There’s semi-formal on others. That said, it’s totally optional, you would not feel out of place if you didn’t dress fancy. It would be like being at a nice restaurant where some people are wearing suits and gowns, while others are wearing t shirt and jeans/shorts.
if you still don’t want to be in the dining room, there’s the food kiosk on top deck and room service available at that time, cabanas is closed

Dress as you please with casual clothing. Formal night is completely optional. The only dining on a Disney cruise where you can't wear shorts and a T-shirt are Palo, Remy, and Enchante. I love to dress up on formal nights, but that is just me. I have no problem at all if someone is sitting near me wearing a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. Just as long as that shirt is not a Pittsburgh Steelers or Michigan Wolverine shirt. :rotfl2:
You must be from Ohio. I grew up in Oklahoma, but have lived just north of Columbus, Ohio for nearly 20 yrs. Looking forward to the Browns game today!! I can't stand the Steelers either.

You must be from Ohio. I grew up in Oklahoma, but have lived just north of Columbus, Ohio for nearly 20 yrs. Looking forward to the Browns game today!! I can't stand the Steelers either.
Sure am. Grew up in Cleveland. I now live in the Canton area, about 10 minutes from the Pro Football HOF. Unfortunately the Browns were an embarrassment today.

We must be close to each other. I've lived just north of Columbus (Powell) for 20 years. I'm right by the zoo.

And for the OP, yes just wear whatever you want on Formal Night. I took a suit once for formal night (2013) but haven't ever since. I think this year, I wore slacks and polo. Other times, I have still worn shorts.

Formal and semi-formal nights are optional on DCL - feel free to not dress up at all, or dress to the nines - you'll see everything in the MDR's on those nights!

Aby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter