Formal Night Question

We always dress up on the formal semi-formal and pirate nights ! We definately don't get a whole bunch of opportunities to dress up, especially the kids, so we take full advantage !

Let me tell you though, it's hard to find a pirate costume months past Halloween, so that was a challenge !

We are first time DCL cruisers on 12/14/13 on the Fantasy. :cool1:

With the change in the dress code for the dining room are families dressing up anymore for formal night?

I do not want to be the only one's that take formal night seriously. My daughter and I both have formal dresses (nothing over the top), and my son and husband will just wear suit pants with button up and tie.

Can anyone that has recently cruised offer an input on this for me please?

Thank You! :beach:

We're on the same cruise!! :wave2: Yes, my family will be all dressed up. The guys will be wearing suit and tie, and I will be in a gown. We didn't dress up our last cruise and we wished we had. We skipped the dining room that night and I felt like we missed something. I am looking forward to the formal pictures as we haven't had a family picture taken in quite some time. :)

We dress up, though not as much as some people. DF wears a suit with a tie and I wear a gown or a cocktail style dress. We have some beautiful pictures from formal night. :) Even if no one else dresses up, we always have fun and it's nice to do something that you wouldn't do in your "normal" life for dinner!

Playing the part of new cruiser...besides the DIS, how do "regular" people know what to wear when? Will our cruise documents have that info? It seems that everyone here knows the schedule, but I haven't seen anything on the DCL website or anywhere else. :confused3

Most 7 day cruises have a formal and semi-formal night and the shorter cruises have an optional dress up night. That information is usually in the cruise documentation, although the exact days might not be. The Navigator at night will tell you what the next day is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter