Former correctional officer arrested in contraband plot now security officer at Disney World

I'm not an expert, but isn't that sort of how it is supposed to work? Currently, because it was expunged he has no criminal record so he should be free to be hired. I mean, isn't that the point of having that as a possible sentence, so that people that made a mistake can move on with their lives after proving it isn't a systematic thing?

I'm not an expert, but isn't that sort of how it is supposed to work? Currently, because it was expunged he has no criminal record so he should be free to be hired. I mean, isn't that the point of having that as a possible sentence, so that people that made a mistake can move on with their lives after proving it isn't a systematic thing?
Yep.

So, I'm not sure what the big deal is. It would be different if he was in for murder or rape or armed robbery. But he wasn't.

That Tune person sounds like a real winner. "Yeah don't trust the real background checks, instead lets rely on internet trolls and 13 year olds on social media to vet job applicants"

Does I4 think they are judge and jury?

Expungement means it didn't happen.

Yep.

So, I'm not sure what the big deal is. It would be different if he was in for murder or rape or armed robbery. But he wasn't.

That depends on what he was trying to get in. Was it cigarettes (they are considered contraband in Florida for inmates and officers have been arrested for selling them to inmates) or something that endangered the lives of the Officers and other inmates. If he was sneaking in K2 or weapons, he deserves to be in prison for a long time, not working for Disney.

[EDIT] It looks like Cell Phones, Cigarettes, Marijuana, and possibly other contraband. I'm not sure I would trust someone who did this to not look the other way for the right price.

Last edited:
That depends on what he was trying to get in. Was it cigarettes (they are considered contraband in Florida for inmates and officers have been arrested for selling them to inmates) or something that endangered the lives of the Officers and other inmates. If he was sneaking in K2 or weapons, he deserves to be in prison for a long time, not working for Disney.

[EDIT] It looks like Cell Phones, Cigarettes, Marijuana, and possibly other contraband. I'm not sure I would trust someone who did this to not look the other way for the right price.
Cigarettes and marijuana or other similar items won't be a big deal.

Unless you figure that since he was willing to sneaking in ciggies, he would be willing to look the other way on weapons or the like.

Uh it’s a “big deal” when your suppose to enforce the law to prisoners. It’s not just do what you want because it doesn’t seem like a big deal.

However, I agree if the court expunged it we go with what our legal system says.

Uh it’s a “big deal” when your suppose to enforce the law to prisoners. It’s not just do what you want because it doesn’t seem like a big deal.

However, I agree if the court expunged it we go with what our legal system says.
At some point he has paid his debt.

Most investigative reporters are great at creating news where none exists. Every once in a while they find a good investigative story to report on. Most of the time they act like immature ambulance chasers hell bent on harassing people all for the sole purpose of ratings. The judge thought the offense was minor enough to warrant this type of sentence. So why shouldn't Disney hire him? Security officers are not the cream of the crop usually. If he meets the minimum qualifications he should be given a chance to get the job. If employers never hired people with criminal records we would have a lot of unemployed Americans.

Most investigative reporters are great at creating news where none exists. Every once in a while they find a good investigative story to report on. Most of the time they act like immature ambulance chasers hell bent on harassing people all for the sole purpose of ratings. The judge thought the offense was minor enough to warrant this type of sentence. So why shouldn't Disney hire him? Security officers are not the cream of the crop usually. If he meets the minimum qualifications he should be given a chance to get the job. If employers never hired people with criminal records we would have a lot of unemployed Americans.

and if it has been expunged, then technically/legally he doesn't even have a criminal record. Would be unfair of Disney to be "yeah, I know legally you don't have any record, but we think you still do!"

That's why this type of sentencing is there - to give people another chance. I would like to think if he was bringing in C4 or something really dangerous that this is not what the sentence would have been

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter