• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Former Escape brides! Post your ESCAPE cake!

Here is ours for our VR celebrating 20 years of marital bliss...

PH225190411-0121.jpg

It was the scrolls cake with buttercreme icing and marble cake. It was so delicious AND there was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much cake left over! I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the cake AFTER it was cut. oh well. :)

Our cake was upgraded with fresh floral and ribbon which was about $35 extra:

38293_817743957509_11802355_44241175_2821316_n.jpg

If any new Bride came here for inspiration on a cake...this thread will only confuse her more!

Every cake is so beautiful...I think I already have about 20 'favorites'!

Here is our Escape cake....

DB107312-3-10.jpg

We upgraded to the Mickey wave design as well as a white chocolate castle cake topper. I asked for any extra characters in the wave design and we got tinker bell, donald and minnie (possibly others but I didn't have time to look, lol). I also asked for the turrets of the castle to be Cinderella blue and I requested a pretty cake stand. The only upgrade charge was for the cake topper and the cake design which totaled around $150 extra. It tasted amazing and was well worth the extra price! :goodvibes

If you don't mind me asking, about how much do they charge to do the wave design and do you know what other colors it comes in?

If you don't mind me asking, about how much do they charge to do the wave design and do you know what other colors it comes in?

The wave design was a $50 upgrade charge. I'm not sure if the actual wave design comes in other colors because it's pressed in using a powder, but the castle turrets can be colored.

Oooh these all look amazing! I think it's really nice that you can change the flower colours for no extra charge - a lot of packages I've seen at other venues won't let you do this!

I know this is probably sacrilege but I really don't want a mickey and minnie cake topper - I want a more traditional one. Would there be a charge for changing it if I were to bring my own topper?

Oooh these all look amazing! I think it's really nice that you can change the flower colours for no extra charge - a lot of packages I've seen at other venues won't let you do this!

I know this is probably sacrilege but I really don't want a mickey and minnie cake topper - I want a more traditional one. Would there be a charge for changing it if I were to bring my own topper?

The Mickey and Minnie topper is included with the package, but if you don't want it on the cake, you can bring your own and they won't charge you. They can put the topper on the table next to the cake or they can leave it packed it up for you. Just let them know what you prefer :goodvibes

Oooh that is great!

Before we decided on a Disney wedding we were looking at Sandals and they charged a set up fee for anything that wasn't included in the package! I wanted to use my own favour boxes and they said it would be $250 per table as I wasn't allowed to put them down myself!

Sooooo glad we changed our minds!

Here is mine we had marble and milk chocolate mousse on the bottom layer and chocolate and white chocolate mousse on the top layer both were delicious!

GH130612-9-10.jpg

GH038112-9-10.jpg

GH049412-9-10.jpg

PH212811210-0130.jpg

Here is some more fresh floral:
72415_446249371189_111170876189_6026223_3346516_n.jpg

I can't remember how much extra we paid, but it wasn't more than $20.

Sillykaren your cake was lovely. Just what I was hoping to see :thumbsup2 as I am planning on having the gerbera's in hotpink, yellow and orange.

everyone has such wonderful cakes.

here's mine. It's the modern deco cake but I upgraded the colour from brown to teal
DSCF0333.jpg

It tasted amazing. I must have eaten two thirds of it... oh how I miss my cake :sad1:

WOW Ruth - that is so nice. The Modern Deco is my least favourite of the Escape cakes but put it in a different colour and it takes on a whole new perspective. :-) What flavours did you have to eat that much of it! lol

Is that the 200 upgrade the topper? What was the cake made of? I'm planning an escape wedding and trying to find out what is in the cakes?

What was the cake made of? I'm planning an escape wedding and trying to find out what is in the cakes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter