Former HRH/PBH guests;FOTL advice please ?

englishman

Mouseketeer
I'm staying at the PBH the week after Easter sunday(2002) & need feedback on resort guest FOTL experiences;
1. How late can I arrive at IOA/US park & not stand in line(10 min max) using my room key?

2. Is there a best ride order, using myFOTL, that minimises return line wait ?

3. What is the strategy to ride MIB & Spiderman lots without much wait (I,m assuming when I,M there FOTL will be restricted to prevent multi riding a single attraction)?

As always,I really appreciate any advice..thanks !

Really you will have to play it by year. I know they might change FOTL but the question is when. I hope they never do it.:) like that will happen.
Tip for MIB and Spiderman use single rider line! They are always short and it helps alot!

I'm gonna use the single rider line on all the rides I go on tommorrow, except for Dr. Doom. I've never gotten to see the story for Dr. Doom because I used the single rider line the past times I've been there, and everyone says the build up for the ride is great.

We were there the week of July 4 and the parks were crowded. However, we really didn't have to wait for anything with the magic room key. There was a fifty minute wait posted for SpiderMan. I timed it and from the second we entered the building, it took us three minutes to get on the ride. The key works wonders. Don't worry--ENJOY!! Get to the parks early. If you get there when IOA opens and go right back to Dueling Dragons, you can ride it over and over for quite a while.

You can also grab a Universal Express ticket if they are available. Try getting one early in the morning.

Good idea to plan it out.

Was there last Easter, and when we went in around 10:30a.m. each day we usually had waits of 20 minutes for the more popular attraction. MIB was even a little more. By 11 the Hulk looked too long to handle, but when we went by after 8:30 at night the FOTL made it possible to walk on with just minutes to wait.

We'll probably go in a little earlier this year, but it was so nice to relax at the HRH in the morning, lounging under the palm trees.

I just went Friday (8/3) and tried every which way to beat the Resort FOTL and could not.
I tried Single Rider, Single Rider - Child Swap, Express, and none could compare to the benefits of the Resort FOTL.
It works ALL day long the same and the only resort benefit that I did not take advantage of was the Early Entry.
To answer your specific questions...
1) You can be there any time of the day and have the saem FOTL experience(wait no more than 10-15 minutes)
2) No particular ride/attraction order is neccesary. We always ran to the MIB or Spiderman when the park first opened but with the resort FOTL we rode each at peak hours(regular wait times were 60+ minutes) with less than 10 minutes!!!
3) Your final question can be solved by arriving before the park opens and using the Early Entry priveledge that the resort Guests have. Early Entry is only on specific Days and is different for each park. Check with them to confirm days during your visit. But Early Entry will allow you multiple rides with very minimal lines.
Multiple Rides anytime during the day works well too, but the Resort FOTL WILL change soon to limit you to once per hour. Even when that happens, if you only pay to stay at an onsite resort just to have the resort FOTL, it is still definitely worth it(IMHO).
HAVE FUN

Thanks for all your help.
I feel like the 'new boy' regarding USF compared with my WDW vet. knowhow !
But your objective answers are reducing my rookie status !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter