Former president of Disneyland resort says WDW doesn't feel magical

I think a lot of the frustration that is highlighted in this post about Disney World is true - it has gotten less magical, more difficult to navigate, and maybe most importantly you can really feel the ways they are trying to optimize the bottom line by maximizing ARPG (Genie+, Reservation system, etc) at the lowest possible cost.

However, I think this is going to end up being a temporary state of affairs. It doesn't make sense to run the place this way over the long haul. It worked post Covid when consumers were flush with cash and engaging in "revenge travel." Given the extreme struggles and disruption occurring on their media side, Disney corporate has felt the need to really squeeze the parks for cash to offset cratering media results. As Disney+ matures and the long term side effects of running the parks for current cash are felt, I think they'll eventually tack in the right direction.
The reservation system is pretty much going away in January except for Pass Holders. I don't think Genie+ will ever go back to being free again. There is no way they will give up that revenue.

The reservation system is pretty much going away in January except for Pass Holders. I don't think Genie+ will ever go back to being free again. There is no way they will give up that revenue.

Agree about genie+, it’s here to stay in one form or another. I just think they’ll find a way to balance things out and bring more of the magic and fun back because that’s what is good for business ultimately.

It’s just so hard going from vistung Disney via executive perks to visiting as a Nothing. Welcome to Nothingness Level Disney ex-exec 😂

Agree about genie+, it’s here to stay in one form or another. I just think they’ll find a way to balance things out and bring more of the magic and fun back because that’s what is good for business ultimately.

They don't have the Minds in place to deliver that experience without trying to milk everyone.

Many of the creative minds and the customer service minds were let go or forced to find new jobs during covid.

They don't have the Minds in place to deliver that experience without trying to milk everyone.

Many of the creative minds and the customer service minds were let go or forced to find new jobs during covid.
Ultimately this is one of Disney’s biggest issues in every single sector. They used to hire the best and the brightest people on planet earth and you could tell that. Now working for Disney ain’t no big deal, and you can tell that. If you have a pulse and are not an axe murderer, Disney will hire you.

Fire about 1/3rd of your workforce and go hire the best and brightest on planet earth. Talented, smart, and driven people are what Disney is lacking today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter