Fort Erie vs. Queenston-Lewiston

NancyK

DIS Veteran
We haven't been over the river in almost a year. Has anyone had recent experience with border crossing at Fort Erie? We are wondering if it might be wiser to cross at Queenston. Thanks for your help.
Nancy

We came from NY to Ontario via Fort Erie on Wednesday and it was a breeze. It was later in the afternoon, no traffic, no hold ups at the border. Very smooth. S

rcomputer - Thanks for the government website. That will be really helpful.
Sandra - glad you didn't have any problems crossing.

We just came back thru Lewiston & it was really quick (but it was late at night). On the way down we crossed at the Rainbow Bridge & it took almost an hour.

One thing that I found unusual though was that on the way home, before we crossed we had to stop on the U.S side....they had big lights shining on our car....a really wierd feeling. I unrolled the window, they looked inside & then said "continue". I guess they're really watching for someone leaving the country.

We always use the queenston/lewiston when we can as we find it faster and more convenient. We were last over and back on July 1st and 5th and both ways were very quick. What we noticed most was the increase in bridge fees, I think it was $3 ++ I wasn't prepared for that. They seem to have a primary check point set up as you enter Canada from the US, it is just by the Duty Free on the US side. We briefly slowed then they waved us through when we went through last fall, last month it looked set up but not manned and we went directly to the other side of the bridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter