FORT FIENDS DREAM CRUISE Sept 4th, 2011 (Labor Day Week)

Well....this certainly makes me feel better. I wasnt planning on spending much time there anyway, but kinda wanted to take a quick stroll to so I could say Id been there.....Kelly, youre 100% right, if some of us stick together as a group, we should be ok......people RARELY give me trouble when Im alone, but I was a little concerned having the family with me. What is Senior Frogs? There used to be a bar here in New Orleans called Senior Frogs...is that the same kind of thing? Can kids go? And ..HEY....I LIKE cheap (meaning worthless crap) stuff as souvenirs!!!

Well....this certainly makes me feel better. I wasnt planning on spending much time there anyway, but kinda wanted to take a quick stroll to so I could say Id been there.....Kelly, youre 100% right, if some of us stick together as a group, we should be ok......people RARELY give me trouble when Im alone, but I was a little concerned having the family with me. What is Senior Frogs? There used to be a bar here in New Orleans called Senior Frogs...is that the same kind of thing? Can kids go? And ..HEY....I LIKE cheap (meaning worthless crap) stuff as souvenirs!!!

Nobody will bother you - even if your family is alone. Remember on any given day, there are at least 3 ships in port -- that means at least 10,000 (?) people wandering around the street of Nassau (in a 10-square-block area)!! There are cruise people EVERYWHERE! You will not feel unsafe.

Yes, Sr Frogs is a bar/restaurant -- probably like the one in NO. Yes - the kids can go, and it's a lot of fun! There will be many other families with kids in there with you. :)

The dream WILL NOT have a PALO....instead, it will have a "REMY"......

REMY

The dream WILL NOT have a PALO....instead, it will have a "REMY"......

REMY

This looks amazing!! I cannot wait!!

Currently, Palo has a private dining area for groups. Maybe all of us can get together one evening, here at Remy? What do you all think? (Adults only) :)

It DOES sound like a great time...but I plan to eat with the kids every night. They are getting older every minute and I dont wanna waste any of the time I can still steal of them being young and fun to be around!!

Rog, what if THEY have other plans for dinner? Ya know, they might not want to miss out on any of the fun at THEIR clubs! :rolleyes1

Then I will rip their arms off and beat them with it until they decide that its more fun to be with me than anyone else!!! They are gonna have fun with me whether they like it or not!!!:rolleyes:

remymenu.jpg

Well, I can't pronounce most things on that menu - but I'm sure they'll be good! :goodvibes

I wonder how much the cover charge will be?

Palo is only like $15 per person on the other two ships, isnt it? I wouldnt think it would be much more than that....assuming that the menus are somewhat comparable.

I don't think I'll be doing either of those restaurants. I am sure the regular dining room meals are great. I don't really feel like getting all dressed up either. If the cruise was a week long, that would be a different story. But for such a short amount of time, I'm just gonna be having fun and in "relax" mode! :cool2:

We always do Palo (mainly for the Chocolate Souffle :tongue: it's totally worth it!). But that Crunchy Praline with Tobasco Foam and Chocolate Fondant caught my interest...sounds like it will make my toes curl!

So looks like we will pass on Palo and go with Remy on our 4th night.....we don't want to miss the rotational dining of the other 3 restaurants.

TIP: If Animator's Palate is like it is on the Magic and Wonder, then only the first 3 nights has the "show." The repeated dining room (4th night) won't have it. So make your Remy or Palo ressies for the 4th night.

It DOES sound like a great time...but I plan to eat with the kids every night. They are getting older every minute and I dont wanna waste any of the time I can still steal of them being young and fun to be around!!
This is exactly our thinking. :thumbsup2 We haven't gone to Palo on either of the first 2 cruises and really have no intention. In fact on the last cruise, even though my DD knew kids from the message board, she really wanted to hang with me. I work MEGA long hours and my vacation time from work is really meant to be together as a family.

The family they seated us with at dinner should have been a perfect fit. The Disney people did a great job when they seated us together...or so it looked on paper. Our tablemates couldn't figure out why we didn't dump her in the club every night after dinner and go drinking with them. They would pick up their daughter at midnight after they were done drinking. So the kid got dropped off at 7:30 to be picked up almost 5 hours later. :sad2: They did this every night and actually got disgusted with us because we would go to the shows together, see the characters, etc. Different strokes for different folks but my kid wasn't backing talking me at dinner, and their's was. Go figure!

I do understand Palo or Remy for a night. Seriously, I do. But some people go crazy with dumping their kids off even when the child doesn't want to be there. It's rather sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter