Fort Lauderdale - car rental

tchan03

I have found my Cinderella
HellO! I plan to get on Oasis of the seas during march break and then after cruise trip, stay at Fort Lauderdale for a 1 night. I plan to rent a car. ( i have a family of 4 )

I research, there are sixty, avis, budget...Avis is the cheapest at US$53 base rate for full size car...but i heard there are even cheaper ones.... does anyone know of website of these car rental ?

My flight back to Canada is really early, so car rental must allow me to drop off the car at airport at 5am .
Thanks
TC

At the Fort Lauderdale airport there is also Alamo and National. I believe all the airport rental agencies are 24 hours, but make sure of that.

look on rental car mamma or mouse savers. both those websites will have codes.
Enjoy the Oasis. we just got of the Allure last week. Both great ships

Depending on what you plan on doing, you may not need a rental car at all. The airport, hotels, and port are all near each other. While we typically rent a car when we fly into places a day early, for our Allure trip last year we just took a taxi to our hotel (we stayed there one night and just shopped and swam). The next day we took a taxi to the ship.

Just a thought!

Sorry, I just saw that you plan on renting a car after your cruise. Same concept though. Everything is nearby.

A rental car can come in handy if you want to explore the area a little.

Here are the rental car agencies at FLL:

Advantage Rent A Car 800-777-5500 Level 3
Alamo 800-462-5266 Level 2
Avis 800-331-1212 Level 3
Budget 800-527-0700 Level 4
Dollar 800-800-4000 Level 4
Enterprise 800-325-8007 Level 2
E-Z Rent A Car 800-277-5171 Level 4
Hertz 800-654-3131 Level 3
National 800-227-7368 Level 2
Payless 800-729-5377 Level 4
Royal 800-314-8616 Level 3
Thrifty 800-847-4389 Level 4

We rented from Royal on our last trip because we got a superb rate on a specialty vehicle DH wanted to drive. It's important to note that they do NOT have a shuttle service. If you rent from them you will need to catch a cab from the pier to the airport to pick up your rental.

How much it will cost (for 2 adults ,2 kids) from Port Everglades port to FLL airport on way?

How much it will cost (for 2 adults ,2 kids) from Port Everglades port to FLL airport on way?
Are you renting a car at FLL? If so, the rental agency might have a free shuttle. If not, I think I've heard a cab is ~$20.

Are you renting a car at FLL? If so, the rental agency might have a free shuttle. If not, I think I've heard a cab is ~$20.

Lots of the rental agencies you listed in your first post DO have a shuttle; the one I mentioned upthread doesn't. OP, cab fare will be $20 or less - it's a pretty short trip but we got messed up a little in November because of road construction around the airport.

Lots of the rental agencies you listed in your first post DO have a shuttle; the one I mentioned upthread doesn't. OP, cab fare will be $20 or less - it's a pretty short trip but we got messed up a little in November because of road construction around the airport.
That's why I said they MIGHT have a shuttle.

I will say when we got off Oasis and were picking up a rental from National, we went right to their shuttle and got on. They never asked for a reservation number or any kind of "proof" that we were entitled to the shuttle. ;)

That's why I said they MIGHT have a shuttle.

I will say when we got off Oasis and were picking up a rental from National, we went right to their shuttle and got on. They never asked for a reservation number or any kind of "proof" that we were entitled to the shuttle. ;)

Yeah, I get what you mean. I've often wondered why the different rental agencies even bother to run separate shuttles when all the rental counters are in one place (like in FLL for example, or off-site in a "rental center" like at LAX). I've been tempted to just "jump on" the first available one but we're major "rule-followers" and have never had the nerve. I've no doubt though that it could be done with no problem at all. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter