Fort Lauderdale Cruises and using Hilton Marina for Disney Transportation Questions

dwg

Mouseketeer
We are cruising next year out of Fort Lauderdale and planning on using Disney Transportation for their partner hotel Fort Lauderdale Marina. Antone else who has already done this or is also planning this did you book the hotel directly through Hilton or through Disney? Price wise booking through Disney is at least as expensive as booking directly through Hilton. If you booked directly through Hilton did you need to let the front desk know that you are using Disney Transportation to the Port? How did the process go?

Following… we sail in September and I really want to book my room now with Hilton if possible.
I agree. I called Disney about booking the room through them. Just trying to understand of booking through Disney if any. Booking through Disney appears to be more expensive at $378 even after including the costs added by Hilton when booking directly with them including the $30 added fee for services but includes a $20 food voucher. Booking through Disney cancellation policy is 2 weeks prior to reservation date. Hilton is by 6:00 pm the day before.

I am tempted to book through Disney only because this is the first time sailing out of Fort Lauderdale and want to make the process as smooth as possible. I realize sailing out of Fort Lauderdale is new but hoping to hear from others who have been through using Disney transportation from the hotel.

As a Royal cruiser that has done FLL many times I will say that the 17th street area has many hotels that cater to cruisers. So booking on your own+Uber may turn out to be much more convenient.

Our experience has been you can book the hotel and still use DCL transfers. We have done that in Miami. You just check in with the DCL rep in the lobby who was there the afternoon before.

Based on my experience in Orlando - staying at the MCO Hyatt and taking Disney transport (dedicated to hotel guests only, not those arriving on flights that day), I would expect a direct hotel booking would allow you to utilize Disney transport. I booked with the hotel and booked transport with DCL (who actually had no rooms to offer).

As much as I love the Disney Bubble, the proximity to the port from most hotels in Ft Lauderdale would have me looking at options. Unless you are traveling solo, cost and time to get a bus assignment and load/unload maybe a negative. You might, however, get an earlier PAT if riding with Disney.

I find Ft Lauderdale to be an easy airport and town. I have used it to get on ships from Port of Miami, even.

Just booked the January 7th Dream out of FLL this evening. Booked the Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport near Dania Point based on others saying there are many dining and shopping places that are very close. We plan on staying 2 nights prior and don't really want to rent a car.

MJ

Just booked the January 7th Dream out of FLL this evening. Booked the Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport near Dania Point based on others saying there are many dining and shopping places that are very close. We plan on staying 2 nights prior and don't really want to rent a car.

MJ
Would love to hear what you think about that hotel/area. We always stay at Marriott properties and I'm considering that hotel for our cruise next summer.

We were going to take the Brightline train from MCO, figuring that with a train every hour or so we should be ok. This is months away so we don't even have a port arrival time yet, but I wanted to throw this out so someone can tell me I'm crazy for not staying in an FLL hotel. :-)

We still can’t book transfers from the Hilton Marina to the port for our June cruise!
I was told by a DCL phone person yesterday that they can only book through April 30 for the FLL transfers, but hopefully they'll get later dates added soon.

We still can’t book transfers from the Hilton Marina to the port for our June cruise!
So I guess no point in me calling DCL yet regarding our December cruise. Did you already book the room? If you did, did you book directly through Hilton or through DCL? Based on my last conversation with DCL before the new year I could have booked the room through DCL for $378 but could not book the transportation. Still not sure that there is an advantage to booking the room through DCL so I booked through Hilton for now and can cancel up to 6:00 pm the night before. Also booking through Hilton saved me $100.

So I guess no point in me calling DCL yet regarding our December cruise. Did you already book the room? If you did, did you book directly through Hilton or through DCL? Based on my last conversation with DCL before the new year I could have booked the room through DCL for $378 but could not book the transportation. Still not sure that there is an advantage to booking the room through DCL so I booked through Hilton for now and can cancel up to 6:00 pm the night before. Also booking through Hilton saved me $100.
We booked on our own to get my Hilton discount. Our travel agent said DCL only is letting them get transfers through April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter