• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Lauderdale Cruises and using Hilton Marina for Disney Transportation Questions

I really don't understand what the issue is with booking the transportation. I just checked DCL website regarding transportation and it does say only available through April 2024.

Airport Transfers
Ground transfers between Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades and Miami International Airport (MIA) are available for purchase through April 2024. Airport transfers are available on embarkation and debarkation days only.

I can only assume they only have a contract with the company providing the transportation through April. Hopefully they will have this resolved and not leave us hanging. The one advantage of using DCL transportation is not worrying about the port arrival times. I think it is a little strange (frustrating) that we can book a room at the Hilton at least as far out as our December cruise but can not book the transportation yet. The only reason we booked the Hilton Marina was for the DCL transportation. It's a shame that Ft Lauderdale doesn't have an onsite hotel like the Hyatt at Orlando. Would have made things a lot easier flying in the day before the cruise.

I really don't understand what the issue is with booking the transportation. I just checked DCL website regarding transportation and it does say only available through April 2024.

Airport Transfers
Ground transfers between Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades and Miami International Airport (MIA) are available for purchase through April 2024. Airport transfers are available on embarkation and debarkation days only.

I can only assume they only have a contract with the company providing the transportation through April. Hopefully they will have this resolved and not leave us hanging. The one advantage of using DCL transportation is not worrying about the port arrival times. I think it is a little strange (frustrating) that we can book a room at the Hilton at least as far out as our December cruise but can not book the transportation yet. The only reason we booked the Hilton Marina was for the DCL transportation. It's a shame that Ft Lauderdale doesn't have an onsite hotel like the Hyatt at Orlando. Would have made things a lot easier flying in the day before the cruise.
I am with you in this! Another advantage in addition to PAT is having them handle luggage all the way from hotel room to stateroom.

Anyone have any information on what time the shuttle(s) from Hilton get to Port Everglades? And what boarding group you'll get?

Anyone have any information on what time the shuttle(s) from Hilton get to Port Everglades? And what boarding group you'll get?
It is my understanding that you will still need to select a PAT time unless you are Pearl but if using Disney Transportation to get to the port you would go directly into the terminal regardless of the PAT you selected. I do not know the timing of Disney transportation but I am sure it would be earlier than later.

It is my understanding that you will still need to select a PAT time unless you are Pearl but if using Disney Transportation to get to the port you would go directly into the terminal regardless of the PAT you selected. I do not know the timing of Disney transportation but I am sure it would be earlier than later.
Thanks. I currently have a PAT of 1200, boarding group 7. Trying to figure out if it is worth paying the extra money. It looks like an Uber will be around $25 during "peak time". For a family of 4 the shuttle is $84 from the Hilton.

Thanks. I currently have a PAT of 1200, boarding group 7. Trying to figure out if it is worth paying the extra money. It looks like an Uber will be around $25 during "peak time". For a family of 4 the shuttle is $84 from the Hilton.
My TA said that in Fort Lauderdale we would need to get a PAT even with DCL transportation, that advantage currently doesn’t exist at Ft Lauderdale. PAT probably doesn’t matter as much as boarding group.

If there is no “need” to use DCL, you have a rather sweet PAT and BG - and Uber estimate. You may end up standing in a longer line (at PC, bus riders enter from a different side; we seemed to have no significant line outside - but there was still a queue for check-in once inside for those not in the Platinum + groups.).

At MCO Hyatt, we had to go the lobby at a stated time, stand in line to get a time for our bus. Which meant we went back to the room for 50 minutes.

I would rather have slept in or gone swimming, relaxed over breakfast and had my room until 11 am checkout. Stroll to the pickup area, gotten in the car (group getting in a bus and jockeying for seats - exaggeration), but just travel with a few friends or family. And SAVE money while (probably) riding in a fairly new car.

Take Monty’s offer behind Door #2. 🤣

We had a PAT of 12pm boarding group 8 on 1/26 at Port Everglades. Our uber arrived to port early at 11:30. We walked right in, maybe 4 families before us. They were calling boarding group 2 when we sat down. It was a 10 minute wait before boarding group 8 was called. We were onboard before noon, though we opted to not get a photo in the terminal.

Unless you have a lot to accomplish at guest services or dining, I would consider the dcl shuttle not worth it.

We had a PAT of 12pm boarding group 8 on 1/26 at Port Everglades. Our uber arrived to port early at 11:30. We walked right in, maybe 4 families before us. They were calling boarding group 2 when we sat down. It was a 10 minute wait before boarding group 8 was called. We were onboard before noon, though we opted to not get a photo in the terminal.

Unless you have a lot to accomplish at guest services or dining, I would consider the dcl shuttle not worth it.
This, really, is the appeal of Port Everglades. Plenty of hotels in the area. Lots of dining spots, wine shops, and "Buy stuff you forgot to pack" places along that 17th street corridor (which feels like pre-cruise central to me).

I will say that skipping the luggage drop and direct access to the terminal is a nice perk, but if you can avoid peak boarding times as @unrequited23 did it will be a non-factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter