Fort lauderdale - kids attractions

tchan03

I have found my Cinderella
hi i am going to have cruise trip mar 14-21 there. My kids are 4 and 7 yrs old.

After leaving my cruise in the morning of 21st, i may stay in Fort Lauderdale befoer flying home on 22nd.

just curious what would you recommend to do in Fort Lauderdale?

My hotel will be very closet to Fort Lauderdale airport

Everglades airboat tour. We have done that twice and even though no kids we find it to be really fun and I think the kids would like it.

The Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale is fun. When I went a few years ago, they had an IMAX theater and a small aquarium among other exhibits.

If you want to go to a nice, quiet beach, I highly recommend John U. Lloyd Beach State Park (you will have to pay a small fee to enter). It is very close to the airport. There is also a great ice cream shop nearby called Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parlour.

I do not know if this is something you would be interested in, but there is a huge shopping mall called Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise, FL (about a 30 minute drive from the airport). The mall has many stores (including designer outlets), restaurants, and a Disney Character Warehouse where you can get great deals on Disney merchandise (including pins, shirts, toys, etc.).

I hope this helps :)

Luckily, everything is relatively close in Ft. Lauderdale! You can check out the beaches, the Museum of Discovery and Science, Young At Art Museum, Sawgrass mall (big, mainly outlets - I prefer the Pembroke Lakes Mall, Aventura, or Galleria - which is next to the beach).

Have fun!

I was going to suggest the Museum of Science and Discovery too. I loved it as a kid and still enjoy it as an adult!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter