Fort Lauderdale to Port Miami

oam

Mouseketeer
Flying into Fort Lauderdale for our cruise on the Wonder out of Miami. Any thoughts or ideas concerning transportation between the airport and port would be greatly appreciated.

Depending on the size of your group, a one-way rental car from FLL to Miami worked for us on a couple of occasions...around $50 to $70 depending on the size of the vehicle...AVIS has a downtown location at 99 2nd Street and offers a free shuttle to/from the cruise port...

Our plan is SAS shuttle from FLL to Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Overnight there and a taxi the next morning to port. SAS on the way back from port to FLL.

I am seconding the SAS suggestion. We used them before, and are using them again this Thanksgiving. Steve is great. They were waiting for us when the plane landed, and they were right at the curb waiting for us on our return trip. Just GREAT.

For everyone that posted on this thread - I'm using SAS in December - What time was your flight leaving FLL? Did you make it with plenty of time to spare? What time did you get off the ship?

We're planning to use SAS in November for transportation from FLL to our hotel in Miami and then from the port back to FLL. What time should we schedule pickup at the port?

We're planning to use SAS in November for transportation from FLL to our hotel in Miami and then from the port back to FLL. What time should we schedule pickup at the port?
I imagine if you tell SAS your flight time they can tell you what time they'll pick you up.

I imagine if you tell SAS your flight time they can tell you what time they'll pick you up.

Thanks for your reply. I decided to go ahead and make the reservations. For the FLL to Miami leg, I was asked for airline, flight number, arrival date & time, and destination. For the port to FLL leg, I was only asked for the date, the ship, and the terminal at FLL -- no time. I guess they figure there will be lots of people disembarking at around the same time, so they just send x number of vans and depart as they fill.

My family and 2 other families used Jiffy Jeff to travel from the FLL Hyatt to the Port of Miami for our Disney cruise and the return to the airport after. From the time I booked the travel until the time they dropped us off to go home, Jeff was constantly in communication via email prior to the trip and calls and texts during. Jeff and his drivers always kept us up to date where they were, when they would be there, and where we needed to be. We were a party of 12 with 6 kids aged 9-14 and we all fit, with plenty of room in Jeff's vans. The drivers we had, Caesar and Mick were both great. The price was also very reasonable compared to Disney transportation and much better than Uber/Lyft. The vans were very clean as well. I will definitely used Jeff again for future Miami cruises.

We disembarked from the Dream yesterday and used an Uber to FLL which ended up being $55 and the guy was driving a new Tesla. Traffic was low on a Saturday morning so obviously the price could be different in high traffic.

I am seconding the SAS suggestion. We used them before, and are using them again this Thanksgiving. Steve is great. They were waiting for us when the plane landed, and they were right at the curb waiting for us on our return trip. Just GREAT.
Yes! The SAS shuttle was great and reliable. We also have stayed at the Holiday Inn at the port. It was fine and in the morning all you have to do is go downstairs with your luggage and there are a ton of taxis waiting to take cruisers to the port.

Wow Zombie thread! Lol. I have to say, since this thread posted, we used SAS and they were terrible. Like white-knuckle-careening-down-the-freeway-with-unrestrained-toddlers terrifying. Never ever ever will I recommend or use SAS even if they paid me. The driver was possibly the most unsafe driver I have ever been with. And I've been in taxis in some crazy places with crazy drivers. That guy and his crazy weaving, cutting and aggressive speeding down the Florida freeway takes the cake.

This is our first time departing from the port of Miami and will be arriving into FLL due to significant difference in the cost of the airfare. We will be staying at a hotel the night before in Fort Lauderdale near FLL. We will be giving Brightline a try going down to Miami with premium tickets that include lounge access.

We disembarked from the Dream yesterday and used an Uber to FLL which ended up being $55 and the guy was driving a new Tesla. Traffic was low on a Saturday morning so obviously the price could be different in high traffic.
Hello :)
Could I ask you what time you were off from the ship? We are also doing Dream disembarking on Saturday in December, and wondering 12:40 departure flight from FLL is feasible….this is the direct and cheapest option to my city, all other later flights have connections and more expensive :(

We arrive in FLL the day before our cruise, so we've decided to rent a car (through Costco), and drive from FLL to MIA. It'll be nice to have the car for the day to shop, etc., then the next day we'll return the car and take the shuttle from the rental agency to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter