Four adults in a Studio: Good or bad idea?

Son of Gadsden

DIS Veteran
We're considering renting DVC for our first time. We were looking at AKV studios. We can't afford a one bedroom, so that's out of the question. Renting the studio would be on the edge of our budget for this coming trip if we split the cost with another couple going.

So that leaves it up to this question: Can four adults comfortably fit in a studio?

If the answer is no, option two is to stay at a value (which we happen to really like) and get separate rooms. It would end up being about the same cost if not a bit less. We would get more privacy and more room that way without a doubt. However, it is a value, so not as nice of a resort, plus we wouldn't have appliances like we would in DVC.

Opinions?

Go for the two rooms at a value. Now understand, one of the reasons we brought into dvc was for the larger accomadations so I have never stayed in a studio.

my dh and sons are all tall big guys. At 13 these kids were 6 footers so we tried squeezing into one value room. Let me say, that I serious considered bumping "the old guy" off to get some extra space. lol. so I either need a 1 bedroom or it's two rooms for us.

Now my next reason is probably more of a "mental" thing. Vacations for me are all about relaxing and comfort. I know some people say a room is just where you sleep and shower but for me being comfortable is important. sure you may not have the amentities of a dvc resort but tripping over additional bodies for a week can put a damper on any vacation.

And lastly, you said the studio is at the "edge" of your budget. Not worth it, don't strain your budget.

We're considering renting DVC for our first time. We were looking at AKV studios. We can't afford a one bedroom, so that's out of the question. Renting the studio would be on the edge of our budget for this coming trip if we split the cost with another couple going.

So that leaves it up to this question: Can four adults comfortably fit in a studio?

If the answer is no, option two is to stay at a value (which we happen to really like) and get separate rooms. It would end up being about the same cost if not a bit less. We would get more privacy and more room that way without a doubt. However, it is a value, so not as nice of a resort, plus we wouldn't have appliances like we would in DVC.

Opinions?

A Studio at any resort except OKW will have a Queen Bed and a sleep sofa (OKW has 2 Queen beds). You will all be in one room.

A 1BR will have a King Bed and sleep sofa (some also have a sleeper chair in addition). There will be a bedroom separate from the living room/kitchen area. The 1BR will also have full kitchen, washer/dryer and jacuzzi tub.

You might want to recheck your costs though as you could rent a Studio at a DVC resort for under $150 per night and a 1BR for under $250 per night with no room tax added. You may be able to get 2 Studios for about the same as the 2 Value rooms.

You should take a look at the DVC Rent/Trade Board where you can sometimes find members eager to rent for $10-12 per point.

Good luck with your decision.

Under no circumstances would I stay with 4 adults in a studio. They are just too small. There will be no privacy, no quiet time and as far as I'm concerned no fun. Get the two rooms.

We are a family of 3 with 2 adults and 1 child and for us a studio works fine but I think it would be pretty tight for 4 adults. The bathrooms at AKV (Kidani) have a separate room for the toilet but you have to go through the area witht he sink and shower to get to it. It would not be easy for multiple couples to use at the same time. I think I would go for a separate rooms at the Value resorts instead.

Thanks for all the advice. I think we'll be going for the value.

Two studios is definitely not an option, as it was priced to me by several people that we would be looking at around $1500 for the week in one studio. We're looking at around $700 per room for a value.

Maybe next time for DVC! I've got a habit of booking last minute, which is why the price is so high, I think.

Once again thanks for the advice.

Thanks for all the advice. I think we'll be going for the value.

Two studios is definitely not an option, as it was priced to me by several people that we would be looking at around $1500 for the week in one studio. We're looking at around $700 per room for a value.

Maybe next time for DVC! I've got a habit of booking last minute, which is why the price is so high, I think.

Once again thanks for the advice.

Good decision, not to mention two bathrooms now. Everyone will be more comfortable.
Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter