Four nights in December.....enough?

Eric&Tyler'sMommy

Earning My Ears
We just returned a month ago from eight nights at Disneyland. We love it there and could have stayed longer if we had unlimited funds! We are going for just a few days in December, the 17th thru the 21st, and staying at the Grand Californian. Last time, we were at the Howard Johnson.

Anyway...my question...do you think four nights is enough during the Christmas busy season? I have never been in December and wrongly assumed it wouldn't be very busy. Yes, I know you're all laughing at me! LOL With leaving in the middle of the day for naps and walking at a seven year old's pace, do you think it's enough time given the huge crowds I'm reading about? We will be driving down and arriving around check-in time on the 17th and will probably leave around noon on the 21st to drive back to Northern CA. We are so used to doing everything in the parks at a leasurely pace, since we usually stay over a week. We've gotten spoiled!

I am contemplating adding a night but changing our hotel to the Disneyland Hotel to make the hotel bill more reasonable. Your opinions, please?

not sure about that time of the month, last year we were there on Dec 26 eve and 27 morning, then again on Jan 4 - 7.

It was soooo busy on the 26, EE was very nice on the 27th, we headed out of the park for a 9 am breakfast over at PPH, as we were heading out, it was like salmon swimming upstream, it was so busy with people coming in. They ended up hitting capacity at 11 am that day..

It was a bit less busy on the 4 - 7, but not substansially, lots of very early mornings was really a good idea.

not being the 50th might see smaller crowds this year.

The week beginning the 18th will be your busier time (beginning that Saturday before) - so you will be there during the busier season. But with gas so high and the holiday season right around the corner - the attendance may not be too bad. Generally it is worse on the weekends and the actuall hoildays and the week between Christams and New Year's.

I would say go - have fun - and make a plan for the "must do" things and do them first. Use PS for you splurge meals etc.

Thanks for your opinions! I wound up adding the 5th night...but still at the Grand Californian.

When I called to change my reservation I also requested a room by the elevator. And, my second request made the woman laugh outloud....a room that has a clear view of the monorail passing by. She said I'd have no trouble getting that request, as most people don't want that noise right outside their window! LOL But both of my boys, ages two and seven, will LOVE seeing it go past! We live on an Air Foce base and are used to planes flying overhead during naps, middle of the night, etc.....the noise from the monorail will be like nothing.

Hello E&TM We will be in the Park 19 - 22 December visiting from New Zealand!

I tried posting last week but no responses :confused3

Does anyone know if Fantasmic is on mid week during this period in December, or is it only weekends?

Many thanks KiwiMouse

KiwiMouse said:
Hello E&TM We will be in the Park 19 - 22 December visiting from New Zealand!

I tried posting last week but no responses :confused3

Does anyone know if Fantasmic is on mid week during this period in December, or is it only weekends?

Many thanks KiwiMouse

Cool. That's when my guy and I are going too :) We're staying offsite but it should still be fun. I'm so exctied :)

KiwiMouse said:

Many thanks KiwiMouse

Im pretty sure its on weekends only :confused3

during the holidays they go to extended hours (like summer) - and the parades, shows etc are done like summer - but I don't have the exact info - I just remember that holidays were like summer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter