Four Seasons Disney opening June 1?

ngl

DIS Veteran
We have a reservation at Four Seasons Disney for early July. Website says they are opening June 1. Called FS and they reiterated the same. Anyone have reservations there in early June? Curious if they are actually opening in a week or so and if so, if everything will be open. Any insight would be appreciated!

We have a reservation at Four Seasons Disney for early July. Website says they are opening June 1. Called FS and they reiterated the same. Anyone have reservations there in early June? Curious if they are actually opening in a week or so and if so, if everything will be open. Any insight would be appreciated!

That hotel might be open but Disney has cancelled onsite reservations and parks not open so you may have reservations but no park to go to.

There is plenty to do at Four Seasons Orlando itself. They have great pools, a very long lazy river, water slides, a splash play area, hot tubs, tennis, golf, kids clubs, and a lot more.

That might be true BUT OP needs to realize the Disney theme parks are closed. That is usually the reason people stay at hotels near Disney.

That is great to know. I'm aware that one of their restaurants has already reopened. Here is a link to a review: https://allears.net/2020/05/11/disn...lando-re-opens-restaurant-with-limited-hours/

We have reservations there for late July. If the Disney parks & resorts are going to be excessively restrictive, we'll just hang out at the Four Seasons and enjoy its amenities.

I don’t know why all the sarcasm and snark, we know it’s just the hotel and not the parks. And if OP didn’t it just sounded like an honest question. But at the same time it’s another step in the right direction :)

Edit- didn’t mean OP was being sarcastic, was referring to some replies

There is plenty to do at Four Seasons Orlando itself. They have great pools, a very long lazy river, water slides, a splash play area, hot tubs, tennis, golf, kids clubs, and a lot more.
Rack Room rates in July are $600 and up for the smallest room with an obstructed view. So after Fl. state tax, room tax etc. you are looking at $700 per night. Breakfast for 2, nothing fancy, orange juice, omelet and coffee will set you back close to $65 with tax and tip. Not saying it isn't a beautiful hotel, but for those prices they better give you plenty of amenities.

Sorry for the confusion. We live an hour from WDW and are DVC and annual pass so the intention is not a park visit but just to get out for a few nights. We are still unsure if we are comfortable with the hotel scene but thought the standard of cleanliness may be higher at this resort. We have stayed all all the DVC resorts plus many of the Disney resorts over the years but not Four Seasons so thought that may be an idea for something different. As someone mentioned it would just be for the amenities but who knows if those things will even be open. We should have been on a Tauck trip in Italy at that time :( so we were trying to do something for the weekend but not sure of our comfort level.

I'm not sure if they'll be open in June but I have some advice about July. Call and cancel, but sound unsure about it.

My wife and I are driving my friend Aisling back to her home in Orlando the third week of June, but we needed a place to stay for a few days while my wife and I disinfect her house (she's a very tidy person, but her immune system is wrecked and she's been staying with us during the lockdown and we're all a little paranoid).

I booked a park view room at 4S hoping the parks would be open to some extent and we could enjoy fireworks if they were having them (crosses fingers). Then, lately, I started thinking that getting a suite with a separate bedroom would be best so if someone needs to sleep during the day, the rest of us aren't walking on eggshells.

When I called to cancel the room, I mentioned needing a suite for the week and that we'll probably book with Westgate to keep our view of the fireworks. I was just being amiable, letting them know it wasn't them, it was us. A park view suite at 4S is like $2400, no one can blame me for not wanting to spend that kind of dough. The agent got right back to me and offered me a golf course view suite for the price of our original booking; something like a $400/night discount. Well crud. Great deal but doesn't get us what we wanted. Being something of a masochist, I asked if he could swing the park view suite for the price of the golf course view suite. This one took a 5 minute wait on hold but he booked the suite we wanted for about $1500 a night. Then I called back to shorten the stay by 2 nights, which is kinda a jerk move but I'de just about doubled the cost of our stay.

TL; DR Version is, they have rooms and will work with you to fill them.

I'm not sure if they'll be open in June but I have some advice about July. Call and cancel, but sound unsure about it.

My wife and I are driving my friend Aisling back to her home in Orlando the third week of June, but we needed a place to stay for a few days while my wife and I disinfect her house (she's a very tidy person, but her immune system is wrecked and she's been staying with us during the lockdown and we're all a little paranoid).

I booked a park view room at 4S hoping the parks would be open to some extent and we could enjoy fireworks if they were having them (crosses fingers). Then, lately, I started thinking that getting a suite with a separate bedroom would be best so if someone needs to sleep during the day, the rest of us aren't walking on eggshells.

When I called to cancel the room, I mentioned needing a suite for the week and that we'll probably book with Westgate to keep our view of the fireworks. I was just being amiable, letting them know it wasn't them, it was us. A park view suite at 4S is like $2400, no one can blame me for not wanting to spend that kind of dough. The agent got right back to me and offered me a golf course view suite for the price of our original booking; something like a $400/night discount. Well crud. Great deal but doesn't get us what we wanted. Being something of a masochist, I asked if he could swing the park view suite for the price of the golf course view suite. This one took a 5 minute wait on hold but he booked the suite we wanted for about $1500 a night. Then I called back to shorten the stay by 2 nights, which is kinda a jerk move but I'de just about doubled the cost of our stay.

TL; DR Version is, they have rooms and will work with you to fill them.
This is great scoop!! Thanks so much for the information. I will see what we can do!!

We are still unsure if we are comfortable with the hotel scene but thought the standard of cleanliness may be higher at this resort. We have stayed all all the DVC resorts plus many of the Disney resorts over the years but not Four Seasons so thought that may be an idea for something different.
I stayed at this 4S once before and it wasn't a great trip. It was a 2 night stay and they got the room type wrong, the sort of thing I put in my No Big Deal bucket and forget about. Then a sort of cascade of things going wrong, outside the hotel, just crashed the trip and with the hotel being so expensive I, rather irrationally, grudged on it for the last 4 years.

Not fair at all, it's exceptionally nice and the service was great. I don't know that I would expect better cleanliness standards than a WDW Resort Club Level, but the standard rooms are much bigger. The booking agent told me my room would be either 800 or 1000 sq. ft. and, I'm not going to lie, the house My wife, 2 teenage kids, 1 dear family friend, 3 cats, and myself all live in right now is just over 900sq.ft.

I just really hope they have a fireworks show in July. Or all the $$ to get a room facing the park is gonna feel pretty silly.

I booked a 4 night stay for June 4-8 this morning. I chatted with them and they said they would be opening June 1. Now, I go onto the site tonight and there appears to be no availability for June at all, but there is availability for July. So now I'm nervous they won't be opening and they will cancel my reservation :(

I booked a 4 night stay for June 4-8 this morning. I chatted with them and they said they would be opening June 1. Now, I go onto the site tonight and there appears to be no availability for June at all, but there is availability for July. So now I'm nervous they won't be opening and they will cancel my reservation :(
That's interesting! I see what you mean re June being blocked off. Clearly they aren't sold out (?) I thought it was odd they were set to open June 1 with WDW resorts now not opening until July 1 so assume they are now in line with them? As I say with every statement I make related to COVID-19 these days, who really knows :|

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter