FP and BC and Soarin help

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
Going aug 29-sept 5th, if we use 3fps at MK, come back to BC around 3 and walk to FP kiosk at epcot do you think soarin will still be avaliable for the evening? Is this crazy to try to do? If my parents and sister are linked to my account do they have to come as well?

Going aug 29-sept 5th, if we use 3fps at MK, come back to BC around 3 and walk to FP kiosk at epcot do you think soarin will still be avaliable for the evening? Is this crazy to try to do? If my parents and sister are linked to my account do they have to come as well?
It's certainly not crazy to try. But it is crazy to count on being successful. But you never know what will happen until you try.

You might want to also consider one of the Epcot EMH while you are there. One of our last trips Soarin' was around 10-15 minutes during the evening EMH.

Chances of booking it are slim to none. Rather than walking to a kiosk in Epcot, you may want to ask the concierges at BC to try to book it for you. Generally they will do this at deluxe resorts, and it will at least save you the walk when it is highly unlikely there is availability

Thanks, we used to be successful with getting a FP in the afternoon for later in the evening but I guess FP+ has totally messed that up for us lol.

It's worth a try, especially since you won't have to trek far to get to a kiosk. There's one right inside the International Gateway at Epcot. You probably won't be successful, but stuff happens and people change plans all the time.

The chances are slim to none, unless you have the amazing luck that you walk up to a kiosk right as someone has cancelled one. We stack our EPCOT FP+ as early as we can to try to pick up either Soarin or TT the day of. We have checked multiple times and have never seen either one available, and we usually start checking before 11:30 a.m. If you do not plan on watching Illuminations, we have been very lucky in walking up to Soarin shortly before Illuminations starts and having very little wait at all. We have seen the line posted at 20 minutes, but waited only about 5 minutes.

We've gone twice this year during relatively slow weeks and FP+ for Soarin was gone on each one of our Epcot days before 1pm. I did see some hard to get FP+ pop into the system throughout the day/evening, if you check a lot when you pass the kiosks you may get lucky.

We've gone twice this year during relatively slow weeks and FP+ for Soarin was gone on each one of our Epcot days before 1pm.
What we have here is a basic math problem.
  • FP- for Soarin' were typically all distributed by 3:00 p.m.
  • More people are using FP+ than used FP-, and apparently, by a lot.
  • The capacity for Soarin' has not changed.
  • Epcot has not added any additional headliner attractions that might cause people to use their allocated FP+s in that direction.
  • People have the ability to book their FP+ remotely and in advance.
  • Thus, if Soarin' used to run out of FP- each day with people using hard ticket machines, it will surely run out of FP+ each day with people using apps and computers, only faster than before.
  • So there is no reason to suspect that Soarin' will have availability into the mid-afternoon.

Thanks, we used to be successful with getting a FP in the afternoon for later in the evening but I guess FP+ has totally messed that up for us lol.

Really has nothing to do with FP+ vs FP- as capacity has not changed. It has to do with FP+ being a very well marketed amenity to guests, our increasingly tech savvy guest and increased crowds over the years. We've been going since MK opened. We rarely used FP- and we actively use FP+.

Now if you are saying it's just you - you may get lucky. DS is often able to change his FP+ for headliners while in park. He's been offered A&E and 7DMT with almost immediate return times.

honestly our family still likes the feel of the cards and we have had no trouble with them so if you want to use them fell free but just note that most likely your FP's will be on the cards

We just tried this when staying at the Beach club and were not successful. We were successful however on going to International gateway at 8:45 am and getting them for Soarin sent DH over.... then going to Animal Kingdom with no fast passes...for a close to 10 arrival... then break then dinner at Epcot to ride Soarin with FPP+ and going on Test Track at 8:55 pm. We found it better just to go on Soarin and Test track at closing and not worry about FPP+ at Epcot.

I'm a little confused by this...if you were willing to forgot AK FP+s, why not just try the app? Or have the resort concierge book for you, rather than walk all the way to Epcot?

We've been able to use our fp+ in MK in am come back to BC in afternoon and have concierge book fp for Soarin or TT for that evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter