• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ and Split stay: is this a package?

Mimifree

Mouseketeer
We have a split stay in October with the first three nights at Pop with DDP and then six nights at Poly with DDP (DVC rental). My DH and I have APs but our kids have PHs which were purchased separately through Disney.

I read about splits stays and I'm concerned our first reservation is not considered a package. Would it be considered room only? I was initially under the impression I could book all FP+ 60 days from our first stay? Is this correct or not?

I believe it is not considered a package if the hotel and tickets were purchased separately. However, you should be able to link the tickets to your MDE account and start your FP selections.

This is kind of a guess for me, to be honest. Someone else might have more experienced knowledge.

I did the link the tickets. However, I was reading on the FAQ FP+ thread which stated if your stay is a room only stay, you can only book FP+ for your first stay. Then you can book the rest 60 days from the second check-in date.

I did the link the tickets. However, I was reading on the FAQ FP+ thread which stated if your stay is a room only stay, you can only book FP+ for your first stay. Then you can book the rest 60 days from the second check-in date.
No; that direction is room-only followed by offsite.

For you, you can book for Pop and Poly when your window opens 60 days out from your Pop check-in. It's because you have onsite -> onsite.

No problem. Here's the section - mesaboy and I collaborated on the Split Stay section:

Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

If you buy a 'package' that means you have purchased the room, tickets, (and possibly dining) together in one transaction. When you purchase a package, everyone in the room has the same stuff. If you only purchased tickets for some people in your room, you likely do not have a package. You can tell by the deposit you paid: if you paid one night room with the balance due at check in, that's a room only reservation. If you paid $200 down, with the balance due 30 (or 45?) days before check in, you have a package.

The reality is that it doesn't matter. You can book your FP+ 60 days prior to check in. I believe that when I had a split stay, I had two 60 days marks for making FP+, I had to make the ones for my first room stay only, then wait until 60 days before my second check in to make the rest, but I'm not positive.

We have a split stay in October with the first three nights at Pop with DDP and then six nights at Poly with DDP (DVC rental). My DH and I have APs but our kids have PHs which were purchased separately through Disney.

I read about splits stays and I'm concerned our first reservation is not considered a package. Would it be considered room only? I was initially under the impression I could book all FP+ 60 days from our first stay? Is this correct or not?
When you book a resort such as Pop, it is a "cash" stay and if you include a dining plan it is a package. Most likely you booked a ticketless package with your AP. Your deposit was $200 and the final payment will be due 30 days before your arrival date. It will also follow all the rules of a package relative to changes to the reservation and cancellation.

Your DVC rental at Poly has totally different rules because you are booking with points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter