FP+, AP, No Smartphone for the over 80 year old

6264EVER

Mouseketeer
My 82 year old father has an AP. He does not have a smartphone. When he goes to get FP when he gets to the park, how will it work without a smartphone? He just got the FP system down and now I need to "retrain" him before he hits the parks.

Right now without a magic band my understanding is that you can only use the app to view reservations anyway. Reservations and changes have to be made at a kiosk in the parks.

My 82 year old father has an AP. He does not have a smartphone. When he goes to get FP when he gets to the park, how will it work without a smartphone? He just got the FP system down and now I need to "retrain" him before he hits the parks.
I would think that the FP+ kiosks would be where he needs to go if he needs to change a FP or a reservation.

I would think that the FP+ kiosks would be where he needs to go if he needs to change a FP or a reservation.

exactly

We have APs and MB but no smartphone. Not a problem - when we went in November - we tracked down a CM with an Ipad when we needed to change a FP (the kiosks wouldn't work with our MB some kind of glitch at the time). Everyone was very nice and helpful.

IMO the best plan is to make the FP the best you can and then plan to stick with them - if you need to change them you can but honestly it's easier if you don't have to go find someone (near the kiosks) etc.

Also one of the CMs recommended we take 'screen shots' of the FP + we had in case we had to "prove" one of them at a point (going into a ride - since we didn't have a Smart phone). We didn't have any problems accessing rides but we are taking screen shots (via DHs camera) before we go this time too - just so we have them.

Right now without a magic band my understanding is that you can only use the app to view reservations anyway. Reservations and changes have to be made at a kiosk in the parks.

Correct.

AND- He needs to ask for a paper with the info of the attractions and times of the FP+.
(He might need to take a pen and paper to write the info down.)

Without a smartphone, there's no way to check the FP+ info without going back to a kiosk to do so, and that would be a lot of wasted time.

Just returned home from Disney...I saw many kiosks throughout each park. Each time I passed them I was amazed that there was rarely anyone using them...yet always a cast member nearby to assist.

Near ToT I had to make a change to one of our fastpass+ times and rather than use the kiosk the cast member there pulled up my info on his Ipad and made the change in under a minute. I believe a cast member will be happy to assist him quickly and efficiently. If he has a list of those fastpass+ he would like...he could make it his first stop after entering the park.

He may even find he likes this system better as he doesn't need to walk to each attraction individually.

Just returned home from Disney...I saw many kiosks throughout each park. Each time I passed them I was amazed that there was rarely anyone using them...yet always a cast member nearby to assist.

Near ToT I had to make a change to one of our fastpass+ times and rather than use the kiosk the cast member there pulled up my info on his Ipad and made the change in under a minute. I believe a cast member will be happy to assist him quickly and efficiently. If he has a list of those fastpass+ he would like...he could make it his first stop after entering the park.

He may even find he likes this system better as he doesn't need to walk to each attraction individually.

The kiosks at DHS and Epcot would be far less busy right now because the legacy fastpass machines are still in use.

Funny to hear. People yesterday posted horror stories of snaking lines at the kiosks -- saying that you needed a FP for the FP kiosks.

The kiosks at DHS and Epcot would be far less busy right now because the legacy fastpass machines are still in use.

Only until next week though- DHS going FP+ only January 21 and EPCOT January 23

Funny to hear. People yesterday posted horror stories of snaking lines at the kiosks -- saying that you needed a FP for the FP kiosks.

Wow...I shall count it as a blessing that we were so lucky then! I am curious as to how it will all play out after the next few weeks. But, this trip really did alleviate some of my greater concerns on both the fastpass+ as a whole and the current tiered design.

This can be true of the ones closest to the entrance, but if you go even just a little farther into the parks, many are completely empty.

Only until next week though- DHS going FP+ only January 21 and EPCOT January 23

Yes. But the PP was reporting low lines for kiosks at DHS last week. So the experience was in a park that still had legacy FP in use.

Yes. But the PP was reporting low lines for kiosks at DHS last week. So the experience was in a park that still had legacy FP in use.

Right- I just wanted OP to know that might not be the case in the future- since I don't believe he said when he was traveling

So when he goes to the kiosk they will "write down" his fast pass return times? My father lives 45 minutes from WDW and is a day guest. I guess I am having a hard time visualizing this new system. So he writes down his return times on paper and shows that paper when he goes to get in the FP return line. I keep picturing people with notebook paper with return times listed.........I know this can't be right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter