• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ availability - surprising!

Ashley Marie

DIS Veteran
We are 34 days our from our trip -- we just confirmed our reservation recently and didn't purchase tickets until today. So we obviously missed that 60-day mark.

I was just able to book Slinky on two days (one morning, one evening) AND Flight of Passage on two days (one morning, one afternoon). All were available for four people.

I know early September is supposed to be a little less busy, but I didn't expect to get these at this point. I was planning to refresh daily and hope for the best and/or rely on rope drop.

Pleasantly surprised and hoping this is a good indicator of crowd levels.

So jelly! We go late Sept and I did not get either :( hoping with my son's DAS pass we may be able to get into at least slinky.

lucky! I'll be there 9/2 to 9/7 and couldn't get SDD. I was at WDW when my window opened and didn't remember until 8:30am and wasn't able to get it....

We are 34 days our from our trip -- we just confirmed our reservation recently and didn't purchase tickets until today. So we obviously missed that 60-day mark.

I was just able to book Slinky on two days (one morning, one evening) AND Flight of Passage on two days (one morning, one afternoon). All were available for four people.

I know early September is supposed to be a little less busy, but I didn't expect to get these at this point. I was planning to refresh daily and hope for the best and/or rely on rope drop.

Pleasantly surprised and hoping this is a good indicator of crowd levels.
I think there may have been a Small FP drop last night, because I had a friend who was able to do the same thing! Got SDD, and 3 FOP!

I think there may have been a Small FP drop last night, because I had a friend who was able to do the same thing! Got SDD, and 3 FOP!
Ahhh, that makes sense. There was one day (Sept. 6, I think?) where FOP had several time slots available. I got 9:45am! I was shocked.

I now have the problem of rearranging our park days because I just grabbed the hard to get passes on whatever day I could get them. But that's not an awful problem to have.

lucky! I'll be there 9/2 to 9/7 and couldn't get SDD. I was at WDW when my window opened and didn't remember until 8:30am and wasn't able to get it....
We couldn't get SD FP either. We got to HS 40 before opening. They had already opened (more than 40 minutes early- and on an extra magic hour early). We only had a 5 - 10 minute wait for SD. After SD, we walked right onto TTM, TOT and then ROR. It was so worth getting there early!!
We took the Minnie Van so we would be sure to get there early.

We couldn't get SD FP either. We got to HS 40 before opening. They had already opened (more than 40 minutes early- and on an extra magic hour early). We only had a 5 - 10 minute wait for SD. After SD, we walked right onto TTM, TOT and then ROR. It was so worth getting there early!!
Seems like it is worth it to keep checking!

We’re there that week, too (9/3-9/10).

We’re staying at BWI and I was thinking of just ubering over so we get there at 8:30am for a 9am opening. :rotfl::rotfl:If it’s not super hot maybe we’ll just walk over.

WOW, I will be there at the same time and had a hard time getting my FP at 60 days out. You must be very lucky would you mind picking the winning lotto number for me ;)

I booked my fp today. I was able to get fop twice but SDD only once in my last day. I missed it on my 60+4 day. Guess I’ll be checking often.

Wow! Nice. I couldn’t get SD until 60+4 at 5pm but this is a short trip and I need to leave park by 1pm. This motivates me to keep looking. A surprise was 7D only at 60+3 at 7pm for a solo rider. I’ve gotton it for my solo trips in May at any time slot any day up until about 50 days out.

Slinky Dog seems to have a lot better availability than FoP, I think it has a higher guest-per-hour capacity and it doesn't take so long to load, so that helps. FoP is a very slow loader, it takes a lot of people, but not enough to offset the loading time. It's also really easy to hit at rope drop, unlike FoP which will still require you to wait one or two hours prior to park opening.

Matt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter