• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ Change notification - Anna & Elsa

Thursday
February 19, 2015
  • 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Extra Magic Hours
  • 12:00 AM to 2:00 AM
Could be they are not going to be there those hours or that there was a typo of PM instead of AM and therefore all reservations got kicked ... but you'd think they would check that before letting an email go out.

Yup. People get confused about 12AM and 12PM very frequently.

In reality, there really should not be a listing of those times stated that way,
but instead use, "12 Midnight" and "12 Noon" to eliminate any confusion.

It's not too hard to understand that the time 12:15PM is in the afternoon, and that 12:18AM in "the middle of the night."
But, 12AM and 12PM are still quite confusing, stated that way.

Interesting. They must have just changed that because I look and it says 9a-12a, 12a-2a.

What came up just now ...

4B0B7274-D96E-4310-A2D7-F7D90DB777E9.jpg

I had a fastpass for that day also, for 5:40pm. The email I got said it was switched to Rapunzel/Cinderella for the same time. PANIC!
Called on the phone, they still don't know what's going on, but took my name and phone number. (crossing fingers!!!)
The worst part is I actually had another fastpass for the 17th at 11pm but cancelled it because this one was a better time! DOH!

wow I would be so pissed off! After staying up til 1AM to get a FP for them and then have a system glitch and everyone gets kicked out. Thats awful! I feel like crying to everyone this happened to. Please keep us updated on the status! This is so unfair...not to mention that the time for ETWB was a sucky time...who would keep their kids up that late to see that or miss 1 of the night time things for that show. We saw the show and its cute but I wouldnt want to have that interfere with the electrical parade or something! Besides A&E is the hottest FP there...How can the system just go in and say oh by the way we changed your FP from A&E to ETWB...Arg! Anyways rant over!

I just got the same email and I am extremely upset to say the least!!! I am going to call too, hopefully it is just a glitch and can be fixed!

I spoke with someone in guest services who assured me that they were going to do what they could to fix everyone's FP. He thought it was a system glitch and said it will either be restored or they will give us manual fp's for our original time. He was really nice, took my number and said someone will get back to me this afternoon. I hope it is fixed soon!!

I placed a second call just now, they haven't heard the solution yet. The CM was nice, said it's understandable that I would keep calling! Will give it another go before 5pm eastern if I don't hear anything back by then...

I placed a second call just now, they haven't heard the solution yet. The CM was nice, said it's understandable that I would keep calling! Will give it another go before 5pm eastern if I don't hear anything back by then...

Sounds like they've gotten plenty more calls since my initial call. I planned on calling back tomorrow if I don't hear back from them today. All I know is, come hell or high water, my girls are meeting QE & PA. :)

I had a fastpass for that day also, for 5:40pm. The email I got said it was switched to Rapunzel/Cinderella for the same time. PANIC!
Called on the phone, they still don't know what's going on, but took my name and phone number. (crossing fingers!!!)
The worst part is I actually had another fastpass for the 17th at 11pm but cancelled it because this one was a better time! DOH!
I'm going to take this as a warning/lesson and not cancel any 'spares' until I've actually gone on the ride (or whatever).

Now let's hope they don't just "fix" the problem, then all of a sudden all of those cancelled times just show up as available and get scooped up by others.

Please insist they make this right!

I never had a paper FP vanish like that. These shouldn't either.

I can imagine how upsetting this would be given how difficult it is to get FP+'s for this. Sounds like they're going to try and make it right one way or the other, but still I'd be climbing the walls too! Good luck!

Wow. That is one heck of a Guest Relations nightmare glitch. How are they going to get people's times back? Do they really keep a record of what FP+s people used to have? I doubt it, so hopefully you'll get an anytime A&E FP+, which IMO, is much better than one with a scheduled time.

I'm going to take this as a warning/lesson and not cancel any 'spares' until I've actually gone on the ride (or whatever).

This is what I did on our last trip. I felt bad, but there are just too many glitches in this system. I did cancel our spares as soon as we were done meeting A&E.

Wow. That is one heck of a Guest Relations nightmare glitch. How are they going to get people's times back? Do they really keep a record of what FP+s people used to have? I doubt it, so hopefully you'll get an anytime A&E FP+, which IMO, is much better than one with a scheduled time.

This is what I did on our last trip. I felt bad, but there are just too many glitches in this system. I did cancel our spares as soon as we were done meeting A&E.

It should be pretty easy to resolve. (But we a know how awesome WDW IT is.) At the very least, there should be a back up of the FP+ database they could call up. They also have whatever list generated the emails. And whatever parameters generated the deleted FP+. And everyone received an email. What a mess. I so hope everyone gets their FP+ back!

I called again this morning. Now they're saying I should get another email today once they figure out how to fix it. They do have a record of who this happened to. The CM wouldn't go so far as to PROMISE I would get my same time back, but that it affected a lot of people and it's a high priority for them to get this corrected.
They really need to fix this before we leave tomorrow, or my vacation is going to feel pretty stressed! My DH is not going to be willing to wait in line for hours, so we would miss A&E completely.

I called again this morning. Now they're saying I should get another email today once they figure out how to fix it. They do have a record of who this happened to. The CM wouldn't go so far as to PROMISE I would get my same time back, but that it affected a lot of people and it's a high priority for them to get this corrected.
They really need to fix this before we leave tomorrow, or my vacation is going to feel pretty stressed! My DH is not going to be willing to wait in line for hours, so we would miss A&E completely.

I will NOT be waiting in a line to meet them without a FP. I'm fine if I get a different time but, like you, we leave tomorrow and I'd like this fixed sooner than later. Once I get on property, I will make it a higher priority but for now, I need to pack myself and my 4 kids.

I will NOT be waiting in a line to meet them without a FP. I'm fine if I get a different time but, like you, we leave tomorrow and I'd like this fixed sooner than later. Once I get on property, I will make it a higher priority but for now, I need to pack myself and my 4 kids.
Sorry that this is added on to your pre-trip things to do. Make sure to print out the email, too.

Oh, I think I'd raise hell. Cancelling for that time is one thing, but you'd think they would just reschedule a different time, instead of a different time AND attraction. How could they possibly think that was okay???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter