FP day is tomorrow; please critique my strategy

Lucky! Thanks for checking! I ended up grabbing FOP on 8/10 (our departure day) at 12:10 because I didn't want to change up our entire vacation for one ride. Our flight isn't until 7 pm so figure we will have plenty of time even if we take Magical Express back to MCO. I was also able to move Boma to earlier that morning for breakfast.

Slinky was plentiful this morning! I was pleasantly surprised. So was 7DMT. :woohoo:
LOL just checked the date you posted this. Day late ! Oh well that is what is on Touring Plans as of today anyway.

Congrats on your FP+ success!

It's an odd feeling / sense of accomplishment, isn't' it? It's great looking at MDE and seeing things lining up. We did ours a few weeks ago and I think wer're done tweaking finally. We actually managed FOPfor the only day we had set fo AK - and our dining plans made it near impossible to change that day.

A lot of luck (pixie dust, I guess?) goes into this. We kept in mind the whole time leading up to it: it's WDW. How can anything that results from this not be great!

We're in the Midwest so 6AM isn't too bad to start - and it happened to fall on a Saturday. I remember thinking "people in the Pacific Time Zone, on a weekday, have it decidedly tougher.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I would still keep checking on your AK day for FOP because they did add a bunch after I had already done my fastpasses. I think like a week after mine opened up.

Dont give up hope on FOP earlier in your trip though. I tried for my first day which was July 29th and there were none at all. A few days ago they added a bunch so I got to switch my AK day back to the 29th. Oh and just checked SDMT on 8/8 plenty available starting at 10:40am

Thanks for checking and the encouragement! I am going to keep checking for 8/5 and 8/6. Hopefully they'll add some but worse case scenario is we get in the stand by line at close.

So glad you got what you wanted and they added more. What do you think the mindset is behind adding more? Is there some sort of pattern? I could see them adding more at the 30 day mark for those staying offsite.

LOL just checked the date you posted this. Day late ! Oh well that is what is on Touring Plans as of today anyway.

No worries. The tips are extremely helpful anytime!

Congrats on your FP+ success!

It's an odd feeling / sense of accomplishment, isn't' it? It's great looking at MDE and seeing things lining up. We did ours a few weeks ago and I think wer're done tweaking finally. We actually managed FOPfor the only day we had set fo AK - and our dining plans made it near impossible to change that day.

A lot of luck (pixie dust, I guess?) goes into this. We kept in mind the whole time leading up to it: it's WDW. How can anything that results from this not be great!

We're in the Midwest so 6AM isn't too bad to start - and it happened to fall on a Saturday. I remember thinking "people in the Pacific Time Zone, on a weekday, have it decidedly tougher.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

It really is. I feel like a nut putting so much time into this. :blush: But a vacation is an investment of sorts. Congrats on getting FOP the day you wanted it!!! pixiedust:

And I agree, it is WDW, its going to be a blast no matter what. Thats why, in the end, I decided not to change everything for one ride. I just love the rest of the plan, including ADRs so much, I couldn't justify starting over. I received great advice here and it helped immensely.

I would still keep checking on your AK day for FOP because they did add a bunch after I had already done my fastpasses. I think like a week after mine opened up.

Will do! I am hoping to snag FOP for 8/5 or 8/6, other than that, I am very happy.

I switched a night in HS later in our trip to 8/6 and our AK night from 8/6 to 8/11 and I was now able to get Slinky and FOP on the new days.

:woohoo: Awesome!!!

Thanks for checking and the encouragement! I am going to keep checking for 8/5 and 8/6. Hopefully they'll add some but worse case scenario is we get in the stand by line at close.

So glad you got what you wanted and they added more. What do you think the mindset is behind adding more? Is there some sort of pattern? I could see them adding more at the 30 day mark for those staying offsite.
I have no idea on why they would hold some back and add them later:confused3

I'd love to find out. I am guessing for folks who can't make FP until 30 days out but no clue. Maybe projected attendance?

There is no evidence any FP are added regularly at 30 days out or any other milestone. What does happen is that park hours are sometimes extended, thereby increasing the number of available FP slots.

There is no evidence any FP are added regularly at 30 days out or any other milestone. What does happen is that park hours are sometimes extended, thereby increasing the number of available FP slots.

That makes sense, thank you. Hopefully they'll extend the hours and add FPs to AK.

Hello all. I also planning a trip to WDW in early August. We are only at DHS one day but want to ride both of the new Toy Story Land rides. Which Fastpass is more important between Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers? My hope is to Fastpass one and get in line at rope drop the for other.

Hello all. I also planning a trip to WDW in early August. We are only at DHS one day but want to ride both of the new Toy Story Land rides. Which Fastpass is more important between Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers? My hope is to Fastpass one and get in line at rope drop the for other.

Smart money is on SDD having the longer standby waits, therefore being the better FP choice. But no one really knows yet.

My guess is SDD but that’s only because thats what I’d rather ride.

I’d say SDD is harder. Much harder based on my just making our August trip FPs yesterday. Today I can still get all kinds of times for FP for AS2 on 60 + 2 but no times for SDD at all. So I’d FP SDD and try for AS2as a fourth FP or SB.

I’d say SDD is harder. Much harder based on my just making our August trip FPs yesterday. Today I can still get all kinds of times for FP for AS2 on 60 + 2 but no times for SDD at all. So I’d FP SDD and try for AS2as a fourth FP or SB.

Thats what I did; SDD. FOP is still near impossible. I had no issues with 7DMT either. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter